Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lakers Laker Lakers!

d3track said:
nobody riding the bandwagon of my wolves!?

if they lose tonite i'm running on the floor and will strangle oliwikandi
and cassell isnt even the ugliest dude on the floor
vlade and peja are really messed up lookin

I like KG - but lets face it, if they ever pull it together it will be a miracle...

SoreArms said:
If Kobe played in whatever team you girls root for, you would be praising him right now. It's natural. If Barry Bonds played for the Dodgers I might like him too, but since he plays for the Giants I think he's garbage, hope he brakes a leg and I get pissed when they compare him to Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron.

Yeah, the comparisons piss me off too. Bonds is so much better than those guys.

Babe Ruth used to get credit for homers when the ball bounced out of the park. REcord keeping was also pretty suspect.

Aaron and Bonds is a reasonabe comparison, but Aaron never hit 50 homers in one season (I think he had 44-48 a bunch of times), never mind 73. Aaron also did not hit for average as well as Bonds. Then there is the amtter of those 6 MVPs....

Bonds is the greatest baseball player ever. I hate the motherfucker, but stats don't lie.

Becoming said:
I like KG - but lets face it, if they ever pull it together it will be a miracle...

dont smash my dreams
lmao

they are one quarter away in every game, so frustrating

fuckers better win tonite

Becoming said:
I just can't stand all the "Kobe in the same class as Jordan" talk...

Not even close - and if you think so, people must have forgotten how good Jordan really was....

And you have forgotten how old Jordan really was when he finally started to dominate.

Jordan at 25 vs Kobe at 25? Not even close - Kobe is better by a mile. MJ didn;t win anything in the playoffs until he was 30. From 30-36 he owned the league.

You can say Kobe has Shaq, etc., but MJ did zilch in the playoffs until he had a team around him too. WHat good was his 63 against Boston when the Bulls were garbage?

Kobe at the same age is way better than Jordan was.

biteme said:
...I'd like to see Karl Malone win a championship too.

Me too.

Before Toronto had a team I rooted for Utah (except for that big clumsy tool, Ostertag). I wish Karl could have done it with the Jazz, but barring that, a ring with the Lakers is still good.

MattTheSkywalker said:
And you have forgotten how old Jordan really was when he finally started to dominate.

Jordan at 25 vs Kobe at 25? Not even close - Kobe is better by a mile. MJ didn;t win anything in the playoffs until he was 30. From 30-36 he owned the league.

You can say Kobe has Shaq, etc., but MJ did zilch in the playoffs until he had a team around him too. WHat good was his 63 against Boston when the Bulls were garbage?

Kobe at the same age is way better than Jordan was.

point taken on the age thing.... and no one can do it without a team around them, not in the pros... I would agree in that aspect - with the exception of right now - looking at the all-star cast around him - and they are the most average "dominant" team I can remember...

but still - there was a point where Jordan turned it up by more than just what I would call a level... it was more like two levels... lets face it.. the dude was almost unstoppable... and he did it like every game for year after year.... defense and offense...

it is not that I don't think kobe has the talent or that it isn't possible that he could ever be that good... and he is definitely highly competitive at times... i just dont think he has the discipline or intangibles jordan had to really transcend to be where jordan was...

I think that shot by Duncan would be one of the NBA's greatest shots (clutch) ever. Then Dfish toppled the Spurs with one tenths of a second he airmailed a prayer...wow

Is he still running?

d3track said:
and cassell isnt even the ugliest dude on the floor
vlade and peja are really messed up lookin

Cassell might not be the ugliest, but he is definately the "most martian-looking" one.. :alien: :)

Seashell said:
Cassell might not be the ugliest, but he is definately the "most martian-looking" one.. :alien: :)

Cassell and the guy from the Indiana Pacers look like Ferenghi on Star Trek.

But then again, I could pass for Lurch in broad daylight.

Karl Malone? This guy is the most overrated future hall of famer in the history of the NBA.

All those points, no rings, he's the Western Conference's Patrick Ewing.

Oh, Malone does have a few things he can brag about:

He elbowed Isiah Thomas badly enough that Isiah needed 50 stitches and had a brain injury.

He elbowed David Robinson into a severe concussion and early retirement.

He has adult children he has never spoken to or even acknowledged.

Malone is a Grade-A washed up douchebag, now ready to ride the coat-tails of Shaq and Kobe to a ring he didn;t earn after a season he missed most of with injuries.

Top Bottom