Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Its a tough call for the Superbowl.

ass_face said:
Yes it is an opinion, but one based on the truth. If Ben plays in the Jacksonville and Baltimore game, they win easily. Anyone who watched the games would agree. Sure it isn't a fact, but it is 99.9% true.

BTW, word is that Seattle is practicing the shotgun formation, which they have not used all season. Looks like Pittsburgh is already in their heads. As I recall Manning and Plummer were getting routinely assraped in the shotgun, so I doubt it will matter.
watch out for that 6'7" tight end
what's his name?

TRENT DILFER
QB played against one of the Super Bowl teams (Pittsburgh) and for the other (Seattle).
From The Akron Beacon Journal…
Dilfer faced the Pittsburgh Steelers this season and got beat pretty good by them, 34-21. Dilfer then watched Charlie Frye try to play as the Steelers put a 41-0 pasting on the Browns in the season's penultimate game. That loss was so bad that when Dilfer was asked if he wanted to go in the game to help, he said yes, at first, but it reaches a point where the quarterback who starts has to take his lumps and finish.

This 75-21, two-game disparity would seem to indicate that Dilfer thinks the Steelers are a clear favorite in Super Bowl Big Letters.

Not so.

"I think Seattle's a better team than Pittsburgh," Dilfer said. And it's not because of his close friendship with Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck. 'I think a lot of people take my opinion of Seattle as biased, but I don't think that I am," he said. "I think I can look at it objectively.'

Dilfer spent the week of the AFC Championship Game in Seattle, covering the game for the NFL Network. What Dilfer saw was a Seattle team that is every bit as physical as Pittsburgh, and a defense that is very underrated. 'For some reason people think they are a finesse team,' he said. 'Those people don't know what they're talking about.' So while people wonder if Shaun Alexander will run on Pittsburgh's vaunted defense, Dilfer wonders if the Steelers will run on Seattle.

Dilfer said the West Coast system that Seattle runs will allow the offense to have more success than the teams Pittsburgh's defense has faced. 'This scheme matches up well against the three-four,' Dilfer said. 'Pittsburgh's 3-4 overwhelmed the three teams they played. I don't think that can happen with this team and this system.'

And Dilfer has no doubt that Seattle's line will allow league Most Valuable Player Shaun Alexander to run the ball. "Maybe not for 140 yards, but they'll run the ball," he said.

The "X" factor for Dilfer is his friend, Hasselbeck. Dilfer said Hasselbeck should be considered with Tom Brady of New England and Peyton Manning of Indianapolis among the league's best three. His rating of 98.2 ranked fourth in the league. But right ahead of him? Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (98.6). 'Ben is playing great, better than I've ever seen him play,' Dilfer said. 'But nobody is playing better than No. 8 (Hasselbeck). I call it a pick 'em."

4everhung said:
well we're back to the two week break
I don't expect to see much movement until thursday/friday

I don't think it will move too much. At 3.5 to 4, that will allow those that think Pitt to win outright in a close one to bet on Seattle with the points. I saw national poll and 67% think Pitt will win... You figure about 15-20% feel it will be close, so the spread currently where it is, will take care of evening it out.

national polls are shit
the oddsmaker's should set the NCAA top 25 at start and leave it with them
I've read 57% of the action so far is on Pitt

JIM FASSEL:
Mike Holmgren's friend and college roommate.
From the Miami Herald…
After taking on Pittsburgh's ferocious, zone blitz as the Ravens' offensive coordinator, the former Giants coach is picking the Seahawks to win Super Bowl XL.

"We didn't play real well all season and realistically, we should have beaten them twice," Fassel said by telephone this week. "They didn't hammer us. We should have beaten them twice. I think Seattle's a pretty hard-nosed, athletic group of guys that will match up pretty well."

'They're no different than anybody else. You can run on them if you have a good scheme. But you'd better have a plan in that pass protection," he said. "They do give you a number of looks and if you look at it in its entirety, you say, `Oh, this is confusing.' So you have to go back and make it not confusing to your guys. And that's not hard. You can do that."

'I remember telling our guys this," Fassel said. '`They're going to have some things they hit us with when their timing is right and they've got us in the wrong protection. Just minimize it. Instead of a 10-yard sack, make it a three-yard sack. And for God's sake don't throw it up for grabs.''

Fassel said that Hasselbeck is underrated in terms of his composure. "He doesn't do stupid things with the ball," he said. "Mike's system is pretty sound. They'll throw the ball fairly quick. They don't drop back with a lot of looks. He'll have a plan that will be very basic and his priority will be the quarterback. I think he'll handle the 3-4 pretty well. I really do."

there are enough events to bet on...so i bet one event for one team and the other for the other team...go who ever,lol

between super bowl 23 and 39 there have been only two spreads below a touchdown
35 balt -3 vs NYG
37 oak-3 vs TB
2 out of 17
and this spread sits at 3-4
this game is even
by balt won big and TB won big

enigma4dub said:
ass_face said:
I think Holmgrem is a better coach than Cowher... but lately Cowher has been very un-Cowher like. I swear, I thought it was Belicheck in a Cowher mask the last two weeks.

True. They have been surprisingly aggressive this postseason. very un-schottenheimeresque. The way they have been setting up the run with the pass has been impressive to say the least.
they've been playing on a tilted field
they could

Top Bottom