Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there a bookie event for Pdaddy's marriage?

Well things are really good right now and I don't want to ruin anything. She doesn't even want a big wedding, no wedding in fact. She wants to just elope in Bali to save money.

The reason she brings it up is because she has a fear of me becoming comfortable not feeling a need for marriage. She has a friend this has happened to, been living with boyfriend for 2 years with an understanding that he would propose in a timely fashion....well 2 years later and he got comfortable and she's bitter, lol.

Not for nothing bro, but those are things she wants..........what do you want. Do you want to marry her, or is it her pushing you into marrying her, which is what it sounds like to me. Like I said in one of my previous posts marriage can work if both partners want it, not one all for it and the other because its inevitable.

seaking420 said:
Not for nothing bro, but those are things she wants..........what do you want. Do you want to marry her, or is it her pushing you into marrying her, which is what it sounds like to me. Like I said in one of my previous posts marriage can work if both partners want it, not one all for it and the other because its inevitable.
Isn't that the million dollar question....well it certainly is once you get married. :worried:

digimon7068 said:
ignore the rest of these fucking nay-sayers and follow me to the light bro. . .

ok. . .i'm kidding. . .sounds like you're happy. . .good for you. . .being married has worked for me for a long time. . .at the end of the day, i don't know why though. . .oh, don't get me wrong, i know why i stay with her. . .i just have no clue why she stays with me. . .we're pretty good together though. . .we've been through a lot over the years and the challenges have just made us (and our relationship) stronger. . .if you decide to take the leap, hopefully it works out like that for you too. . .all i know is that, contrary to what others may have you believe, it CAN happen. . .
I fully agree.

pdaddyII said:
Well, it's something that she wants and I never thought to have any stringent opposition to, plus it would make her happy giving her a "real sense of fulfillment."

I didn't read the whole thread, just the first coupla pages.

What about what fulfills YOU? Don't marry a woman because you think that a legal document will "make her feel fulfilled." Next it will a baby because the paper didn't make her feel the way SHE THOUGHT it would. Then it will be whatever else because the wedding and the baby didn't make her feel the way SHE THOUGHT it would. Next thing PDaddy is posting up about how the sweet loving girl he married hoping to fulfill her is now a nasty harpy bitch that just can't be pleased....

You shouldn't marry a woman because YOU THINK or SHE SAYS that will make HER HAPPY.

Do you like.... I mean REALLY REALLY LIKE each other? And no, I am not talking about sex. I am talking about genuinely enjoying one another's company because let me tell you, when the shit hits the fan, the sex will go out the window REAL FAST. Do you respect one another? Do you have common life goals?

Marriage won't change her or you, but it will change the way society treats you. Society will treat a babymama and a gf waaaaaaaay different than it will treat YOUR WIFE. Whether it is right or wrong - I am 100% correct. Is this woman GOOD ENOUGH TO BE CALLED "YOUR WIFE"?

Also... are you GOOD ENOUGH to be HER HUSBAND? Are you the kind of partner that will support her even when she fucks up so badly that she has a hard time forgiving herself? Can you see the same from her?

Have you two discussed what you expect from one another in a marriage?

If you haven't - you had better get to talking about these things NOW.

Romance, shromance... that shit is hormones and will wear off right quick when you are tired and angry and disillusioned about the fantasy that American society sells you that marriage is SUPPOSED to be.

It is HARD FUKKIN WORK. A marriage is like anything else, though that is worth having. You have to work at it and tend to it every single day.... like your body/your mind/a garden/a career/or any other relationship.

Neither my husband or I even wanted a committed relationship, FORGET MARRIAGE... and yet we married on our third date. I still can't tell you EXACTLY what it was that made that thought click in his head. I suppose he can say... but what I can tell you is that for all of the bullshit we've been through (still a whole lot more ahead of us) I don't know what I did to deserve this man's commitment to ME and MY CHILDREN...

So now, you need to figure out what it is that WILL make her happy because marriage... NO, that is not an acceptable answer. Once she can express to you intelligently EXACTLY what will make her happy then you have to decide for yourself whether or not you are able and/willing to provide that. If you can't or don't want to then it is best to put the topic to bed.

As for the old addage about women marrying a man hoping to change him and men marrying hoping their women will never change - 100% TRUE FIRST TIME ROUND...

When individuals are older and wiser we realize that we only have control over ourselves so it is best to select a partner whose shortcomings we can live with.

BIKINIMOM said:
I didn't read the whole thread, just the first coupla pages.

What about what fulfills YOU? Don't marry a woman because you think that a legal document will "make her feel fulfilled." Next it will a baby because the paper didn't make her feel the way SHE THOUGHT it would. Then it will be whatever else because the wedding and the baby didn't make her feel the way SHE THOUGHT it would. Next thing PDaddy is posting up about how the sweet loving girl he married hoping to fulfill her is now a nasty harpy bitch that just can't be pleased....

You shouldn't marry a woman because YOU THINK or SHE SAYS that will make HER HAPPY.

Do you like.... I mean REALLY REALLY LIKE each other? And no, I am not talking about sex. I am talking about genuinely enjoying one another's company because let me tell you, when the shit hits the fan, the sex will go out the window REAL FAST. Do you respect one another? Do you have common life goals?

Marriage won't change her or you, but it will change the way society treats you. Society will treat a babymama and a gf waaaaaaaay different than it will treat YOUR WIFE. Whether it is right or wrong - I am 100% correct. Is this woman GOOD ENOUGH TO BE CALLED "YOUR WIFE"?

Also... are you GOOD ENOUGH to be HER HUSBAND? Are you the kind of partner that will support her even when she fucks up so badly that she has a hard time forgiving herself? Can you see the same from her?

Have you two discussed what you expect from one another in a marriage?

If you haven't - you had better get to talking about these things NOW.

Romance, shromance... that shit is hormones and will wear off right quick when you are tired and angry and disillusioned about the fantasy that American society sells you that marriage is SUPPOSED to be.

It is HARD FUKKIN WORK. A marriage is like anything else, though that is worth having. You have to work at it and tend to it every single day.... like your body/your mind/a garden/a career/or any other relationship.

Neither my husband or I even wanted a committed relationship, FORGET MARRIAGE... and yet we married on our third date. I still can't tell you EXACTLY what it was that made that thought click in his head. I suppose he can say... but what I can tell you is that for all of the bullshit we've been through (still a whole lot more ahead of us) I don't know what I did to deserve this man's commitment to ME and MY CHILDREN...

So now, you need to figure out what it is that WILL make her happy because marriage... NO, that is not an acceptable answer. Once she can express to you intelligently EXACTLY what will make her happy then you have to decide for yourself whether or not you are able and/willing to provide that. If you can't or don't want to then it is best to put the topic to bed.

As for the old addage about women marrying a man hoping to change him and men marrying hoping their women will never change - 100% TRUE FIRST TIME ROUND...

When individuals are older and wiser we realize that we only have control over ourselves so it is best to select a partner whose shortcomings we can live with.

Do I need to teach you how to post one liners?

Top Bottom