Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interesting workout to look like a "300" King

Gotta agree with Tweakle.

You always see these guys do blitzkrieg training for 4 months and come out lookign amazing in the film. The camera and lighting does add the illusion of greater size and definition, but they are still built.

Transformations like Butler for Leonidas, Kurt Russell for Soldier, Tobey for Spider-man, Brad Pitt for Fight Club near the end and Will Smith for Ali don't just prove that these guys have access to amazing trainers and food management, but access to steriods and/or other growth enhancing supplements.

Workouts like they were putting the actors threw don't build bodies like that shown in the movie. Sorry, but they don't, and certainly not in 4 months without "assistance". If you notice there was one seen in the movie with Leonidas marching his men along and it was frontal shot capturing him and all his men. Those are not crossfit built bodies. Butler and his core guys(main actors) were upfront with him, but the majority of those 300 men were paid extras that were bodybuilders by hobby or lifestyle.

One of the most obvious signs of steroid usage that I notice are teh traps and are almost always a tell-tale sign. And I don;t mean big traps. I mean the kind that look like they pop out the side of your neck and straight up out of the side of your collar bone. That comes from AAS use. The traps, lats and forearms all have ALOT of receptors and respond dramatically to AAS and hard training.

I've never used AAS, But I did use a prohormone called 1-AD for 5 weeks and trained my ass off and with just that my traps visually looked to have doubled in size with minimal direct trap work. My shoulders swelled up and it physically got painfull from the extreme pump I got from laterals lol. Based off that minor experience andwhat I have seen in the gym for years I know that article was bogus.

Those look like great workouts for your body. But those last 4 weeks were spent bodybuilding hard, some of that crossfit stuff and probably the breakfast of champions(dianabol) or something like Winstrol. Hell I don't know, but that's my guess.

I just hate seeing people duped into thinking you can do that in 4 weeks let alone 4 months without special assistance.

Also, real spartan soldiers would not have been that muscled up. No way. They wore some armor, but that alone being worn for long periods of time would not build bulk muscle mass. For proof you need only look to modern day soldiers who in the field wear quite abit of weight in gear all day and 99% of the time are average in size and build. Soldiers like the spartans were fierce warriors, but all that extra muscle mass isn't gonna help when you march 20 miles a day with armor on and eat 1-2 meals.

Most of the stuff you see in movies is simply movie magic. The reality is not quite so eye candyish.

Just my opinion.

Sounds great, I'll buy the dvd and a cycle of roids and be all good. Now I just need to find a way into the sequal for 300 ....

See, this is what pisses me off. If I lifted like that, way way way high reps I'd wilt and lose strenght and size. I don't get it. ONLY way I get bigger is to eat a shitton and lift heavy with compound exercises. That is it. It sucks, maybe I just have bad genetics.

georgie24 said:
i thought someone said those guys are airbrushed
When I saw the movie one of the first things I tha struck me was that it looked like they had TONS of makeup on their abs. If you watch, the shadows on their abs don't change much even when they move.

I have no doubt that the guys were in good shape and all, but I am quite sure that if you saw that same actor on the same sday he shot, out of makeup and in real life, he would look a lot less impressive.

BTW if you liked '300' check our 'Sin City', another movie based on a graphic novel and I think it was the same director as '300'....I think I liked it even better.

Guinness5.0 said:
When I saw the movie one of the first things I tha struck me was that it looked like they had TONS of makeup on their abs. If you watch, the shadows on their abs don't change much even when they move.

I have no doubt that the guys were in good shape and all, but I am quite sure that if you saw that same actor on the same sday he shot, out of makeup and in real life, he would look a lot less impressive.

BTW if you liked '300' check our 'Sin City', another movie based on a graphic novel and I think it was the same director as '300'....I think I liked it even better.

Sin City was a great movie, I dropped my Marv-atar a while back.

That "workout" basically helped drop weight/fat, which gave them nice abs. Low bodyfat and nice abs make you look more muscular. But most of those guys aren't hulking beasts or anything. Just lean. That's not that difficult to achieve.

Yeah its all from working out and eating right for a couple of months, thats why Stallone got busted with 48 vials of GH here about 2 weeks ago.

going off-topic here (well sort of), is 300 a must-see movie? me and my girl were gonna see it this weekend (I chose it :chomp: ).....but last time I chose, we went and seen ghostrider and that movie was just terrible

Top Bottom