Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Start Boxing today!!!!

:p :p :p I am jealous!!!! How old are you? I am 27... I can still hit the bag.. but defensive blocking is too hard on the knees... duck and dodge.... that is the best lesson you will learn. I trained at Busco in Atlanta... where do you train??

i'm only 18, the place i train at is only a small church owned building, the they let ppl box for free. there is a small group of us that go before the place opens and train for about 2 hours, the coach seems to be pretty good, he's old though, but some of the guys said he fought in a couple championships in his day. sof ar 1 dude i met is pro and one other is an amateur still but is turning pro after a couple more fights.... is it monday yet? :D

boxing is one hell of a sport!!been boxing for about 3 years..get ready to be sore for about 2 weeks..by the way where ya live and what weight class ya in??

You gonna start boxin eh?
well, you let me know if you ever need any help with something. I sparred backyard since i was in 6th grade. A piece of advice, when you start fighting, NEVER EVER, underestimate the true accuracy, power, and effectiveness of the jab. It is the best punch in your arsenal. Keep to basics until you know your good. when you know your good quit boxing, because it's shortly after you know your good that you get fucked up.

heh my fav combo i know so far is the jab jab hook. lol

do lefties have some sort of advantage? i am left handed and he said he loves getting lefties?

Most are right handed which would actually be a disadvantage. You will be swinging with the right and they will be swinging left, You will have to become an exceptional boxer if you plan to survive. You will be at high risk of a double k.o. , but don't worry, you can sneak in a few if you open with your left and stand right handed style. If he see's talent in you, I doubt it will be long before your in the ring.

better combo:
left jab, left jab, right body, left hook.
Killer even for a righty like me.

A trick to getting good at boxing is gaining an arsenal. Yes at first stick to basics, but as you progress extend your variety with skill. when you see a left hook coming duck into a right body, and a left uppercut. never do the same thing twice unless you plan to do something different the third time.

mdd said:
heh my fav combo i know so far is the jab jab hook. lol

do lefties have some sort of advantage? i am left handed and he said he loves getting lefties?

someone said that the jab is the best in your arsenal. Take that to heart. Let me tell you why. Think of the jab as a stun shot... you hit 3 jabs with alt. hands and in most cases you have a good open attack for a cross or a hook. Do not use uppercuts to start. Make sure your shots connect before you do. Another piece of good advice would be.. never draw back. It will come on instinct.. but try not to. Just concentrate on your jabs. All other combos surround the jab. Just some words of advice. Another word of advice... body shots will take more out of you that head shots. This may sound like horse-shit to someone who has never boxed... but it is true. So make sure you can block. Not getting hit is as important as hitting ... if you want to go the distance. Your stamina is key when you are starting out. So IF you smoke ciggarettes I suggest you stop ASAP!!!!
Good Luck.. and keep me posted! I wish I was in Ohio.. I would help to train you in as much as I could... but I don't. Bushco is where alot of good fighters from Atlanta trained.. so I know what I learned came from the best. Listen to what your coach tells you and remember to keep up your guard.. and keep moving. Wear them out.. then go in.... but jab first.

Keep me posted!!!

DBaller

Top Bottom