Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how pathetic is this.. a professional basketball player tips my girl 0 dollars on an 83 dollar check..

• Thread starter Thread starter Phaded
  • Start date Start date
Re: how pathetic is this.. a professional basketball player tips my girl 0 dollars on

Ugh Black people....

;)

I don't tip...

Mr Blond So you don't care that they're counting on your tip to live?
Mr Pink Do you know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, playing just for the waitresses.
Mr White You don't have any idea what you're talking about. These people bust their ass. This is a hard job.
P So's working at McDonalds, but you don't feel the need to tip them. They're servin' ya food, you should tip 'em. But no, society says tip these guys over here, but not those guys over there. That's bullshit.
Mr Pink has a good point here. Tipping is a big part of why anyone would work in the food service industry, and yet we are highly inconsistent in this matter.
Mr Blue They work harder than the kids at McDonalds.
P Oh yeah, I don't see them cleaning fryers.
Another good point. Table staff work long hours for little pay, but there are others working in the smae industry who have much more unpleasant working conditions.
B These ladies are taxed on the tips they make. When you stiff'em, you cost them money.
W Waitressing is the number one occupation for female non-college graduates in this country. It's the one job basically any woman get, and make a living on. The reason is becasue of tips.
Mr White makes a very strong case in favour of tipping. Mr Pink doesn't have ready answer, instead he sticks to his principles:
P Fuck all that.
A little later, Joe returns from paying the bill, and notices that the tip is a dollar short.
Joe You don't tip? Why?
Mr Orange He don't believe in it.
J (to Orange)He don't believe in it. (to Pink) You don't believe in it?
O Nope.
J (to O) Shut up! (to P) Cough up your buck, ya cheap bastard, I payed for your goddamn breakfast.

I smacked one of my roommates friends on the back of the head last week for giving the Pita Pit delivery guy a 7 cent tip and took 3 dollars from his pocket so I can give it to that guy next time he comes to deliver... I don't think he likes me anymore :)

JayC9 said:
Tipping has absolutely nothing to do with culture and tradition it's a personal choice. The price includes service, if you feel you would like to give more then that's up to you.

I find it hilarious that some of you feel pressured and are expected to giving more than the bill total.

dullboy says bullshit.

tipping for U.S. waitstaff is customary.

you're just cheap.

Re: how pathetic is this.. a professional basketball player tips my girl 0 dollars on

RottenWillow said:
or at least he knows how to use a search engine.

pffft...dullboy figured out the reason all on his own and then found supporting information.

you should cower in the presense of such a wicked smart person such as dullboy.

lol

Phaded said:
alright Dwight Howard of orlando magic was just sitting at my fiances table(she works at winterpark cheesecake factory) for 3 hours.. 1 hour and 30 mins after the restaurant had closed.. so finally he gets his bill pays and leaves.. 83 dollar check.. leaves 0 dollars.. now that is beyond fucken ridiculous.. oh ya you guessed it right.. he's black..

It's not a race thing, unless you consider being a celebrity a different race.

There are a lot of celebs in my area and I can tell you that if they can get away with it - they'll not pay the bill at all - they want to be "comped" for everything so getting a tip, is a joke.

dullboy said:
dullboy says bullshit.

tipping for U.S. waitstaff is customary.

you're just cheap.

I thought the whole idea of tipping was you tip for good service?

Spanky11 thinks Dullboy needs to get out a little.

Spanky11 said:
you beat me to it.

Like I mentioned, we had REALLY shitty service - the moron practically slammed our mains down whilst we were half way through our starters...then he tried taking away my wife's main when she hadn't finished it.

the guy was a moron, and didn't deserve to get tipped.

dullboy (rather appropriate name, me thinks), it has nothing to do with were I live, but the level of service we received, which quite frankly sucked.

dullboy says you're a cheapskate.

Spanky11 said:
I thought the whole idea of tipping was you tip for good service?

Spanky11 thinks Dullboy needs to get out a little.

tipping is customary in the United States.

it's factored into comp for waitstaff and other service industries.

if you paid attention to dullboys posts, you would know that dullboy owns or partners in various service establishments in nyc and gets out plenty. too much, probably.

Taken from Froders (the most recognized international travel insdustry guide):

United States

At restaurants, a 15% tip is standard for waiters; up to 20% may be expected at more expensive establishments. The same goes for taxi drivers, bartenders, and hairdressers.

Coat-check operators usually expect $1; bellhops and porters should get $1 per bag; hotel maids in upscale hotels should get about $1 per day of your stay.

A concierge typically receives a tip of $5 to $10, with an additional gratuity for special services or favors.

On package tours, conductors and drivers usually get $10 per day from the group as a whole; check whether this has already been figured into your cost.

For local sightseeing tours, you may individually tip the driver-guide $2-$5 if he or she has been helpful or informative. Ushers in theaters do not expect tips.

perhaps you didn't read my earlier post, I usually tip up to 20% for good service.

I won't tip if the guy is a moron, slamming plates down, and rushing us through the place.

Top Bottom