Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how pathetic is this.. a professional basketball player tips my girl 0 dollars on an 83 dollar check..

• Thread starter Thread starter Phaded
  • Start date Start date
JayC9 said:
Tipping has absolutely nothing to do with culture and tradition it's a personal choice. The price includes service, if you feel you would like to give more then that's up to you.

I find it hilarious that some of you feel pressured and are expected to giving more than the bill total.

Ah, someone with no knowledge of food cost, operating expense, etc.

Let's take Ossobucco, for example. Could you do it well for two people at your house for less than it would cost at a restaurant? Fuck no. You can go and have someone take care of everything you wouldn't have to do, time it well, be the one that gives you a good experience (provided the food was ok), and you feel fine walking out without paying someone knowing that someone that works on commission based on your experience through them is what pays their bills; then you are the kind of person that gets shit service the second time they walk into a place.

I used to make the people that shafted me before so miserable that no bad tip could compare to the frustration of horrible service.

Douche.

Re: how pathetic is this.. a professional basketball player tips my girl 0 dollars on

jnevin said:

Let's take Ossobucco, for example. Could you do it well for two people at your house for less than it would cost at a restaurant? Fuck no. You can go and have someone take care of everything you wouldn't have to do, time it well, be the one that gives you a good experience (provided the food was ok), and you feel fine walking out without paying someone knowing that someone that works on commission based on your experience through them is what pays their bills; then you are the kind of person that gets shit service the second time they walk into a place.

I used to make the people that shafted me before so miserable that no bad tip could compare to the frustration of horrible service.

Douche.

I used to have two business ladies sit in my section regularly at lunch.....they never ever tipped me and I treated them the same as any other patron....until one day I had enough & told them I would no longer wait on them as they didn't tip.....Their response was why I felt I should be tipped for waiting on them in the 1st place.....I told them they could sit there forever & starve to death cuz I would never wait on them again....

Oh and these were the type where 1 would ask for a knife, then come back & the other would ask for a straw, come back, 1 would ask for more X, come back & on & on.....took so long getting them 1 f'n thing at a time I neglected my other tables.....

HiDnGoD said:
I have no experience with this particular phenomenon, however, I can attest that the more money people make, they less they tend to tip/donate.

Maybe that's why they are wealthy? ;)

Seriously though, I was at the car wash the other day, a place I like to go because they do a damn good job. Well these guys work there to make tips, much like a server at a restaurant.

Dude did a fab job cleaning this guys brand new vette. The guy gets into the vette and hands Dude his claim receipt and nothing more. Dude just hangs his head and walks off to the next car.

I thought it just sucked.

Re: how pathetic is this.. a professional basketball player tips my girl 0 dollars on

jenscats5 said:
I used to have two business ladies sit in my section regularly at lunch.....they never ever tipped me and I treated them the same as any other patron....until one day I had enough & told them I would no longer wait on them as they didn't tip.....Their response was why I felt I should be tipped for waiting on them in the 1st place.....I told them they could sit there forever & starve to death cuz I would never wait on them again....

Oh and these were the type where 1 would ask for a knife, then come back & the other would ask for a straw, come back, 1 would ask for more X, come back & on & on.....took so long getting them 1 f'n thing at a time I neglected my other tables.....

The places I was at were pretty upscale, dinner only, once I moved out here, that is. When I saw who it was, I'd let them wait for at least 5 minutes before being acknowledged. Get a drink order, and wait another 10 to bring it. I'd let a martini sit until warm and watered down to piss them off. Bring the drinks, wait another 5-10, then tell specials, then walk away before they could do anything. They'd order, I'd wait 20 minutes, and bring out the app, 2 minutes and then the salad, another 10 and the entree. Never ask about drinks, if everything was ok, nothing.

Get watcha pay for...

Quadsweep's Sister said:
Maybe that's why they are wealthy? ;)

I thought it just sucked.
I've thought about that, but I get self -satisfaction from tipping for good service, or a friendly smile when the server is overworked, or exemplary food more than compensates for the fact that I will never be "rich", but I will be welcome, wherever I go.

jnevin said:

Douche.
The proprietors made the choice of pricing their menu, the waiters and staff made the choice to work knowing the rate of pay, the customer pays the bill total and tips as they see fit. Nowhere is there pressure on anyone to do something that they don't have to so don't give me horseshit about food cost and operating expenses.

You're saying that a tip is expected if the patron would like good service? That defeats the whole purpose of a tip.

JayC9 said:
Tipping has absolutely nothing to do with culture and tradition it's a personal choice. The price includes service, if you feel you would like to give more then that's up to you.

I find it hilarious that some of you feel pressured and are expected to giving more than the bill total.

you beat me to it.

Like I mentioned, we had REALLY shitty service - the moron practically slammed our mains down whilst we were half way through our starters...then he tried taking away my wife's main when she hadn't finished it.

the guy was a moron, and didn't deserve to get tipped.

dullboy (rather appropriate name, me thinks), it has nothing to do with were I live, but the level of service we received, which quite frankly sucked.

i can't see but whove ris talking shit i' gonna fuck en say yu ar edying teha tshit d..

Phaded said:
i can't see but whove ris talking shit i' gonna fuck en say yu ar edying teha tshit d..

needto, you forgot to logoff of Phaded's account

Top Bottom