Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how pathetic is this.. a professional basketball player tips my girl 0 dollars on an 83 dollar check..

• Thread starter Thread starter Phaded
  • Start date Start date
Spanky11 said:
perhaps you didn't read my earlier post, I usually tip up to 20% for good service.

I won't tip if the guy is a moron, slamming plates down, and rushing us through the place.

Makes sense.
I've left notes on the tip money before, but now I just don't give a shit - I just won't go back.

velvett said:
There are a lot of celebs in my area and I can tell you that if they can get away with it - they'll not pay the bill at all - they want to be "comped" for everything so getting a tip, is a joke.

And these are the people that can afford it the most......that's weak!

Alpine said:
And these are the people that can afford it the most......that's weak!

Yah pretty much.
It's quite a scene when they get all pissy.
Aretha Franklin had to be physcially removed from a restaurant not so long ago.

The nite clubs let them get away with it because they want word to get aorund that they are their so more people will try and get into the club to see them.

dullboy said:
it's a well known fact that african and asian american don't tip well, if at all.

dullboy used to think it was a cultural thing but has come to the realization that it's more of a perpetual thing...

meaning that because blacks and asians have the reputation of not tipping, they get crappy service in restaurants. crappy service = shitty tipping.

and so on

and so on

Beg to differ my man. I always tip at least 15%, unless I had wretched service, and I mean bad, and if that is the case I tell the waiter/waitress directly to their face so there is no surprise. This has seldom happened to me and I am in my forties.

As far as being treated differently because I'm black I can tell you that when servers greet their customers once you're seated they can read you pretty well, and my mother raised me right so I tend to leave a good impression on people when I meet them.

When I go to places that I frequent regularly I am treated especially well.

I don't deny that many blacks, and others make terrible customers, but you can usually id them when they walk in the door.

Longhorn85 said:
Beg to differ my man. I always tip at least 15%, unless I had wretched service, and I mean bad, and if that is the case I tell the waiter/waitress directly to their face so there is no surprise. This has seldom happened to me and I am in my forties.

As far as being treated differently because I'm black I can tell you that when servers greet their customers once you're seated they can read you pretty well, and my mother raised me right so I tend to leave a good impression on people when I meet them.

When I go to places that I frequent regularly I am treated especially well.

dullboy had a feeling that you were a good tipper.

it follows the rest of your personality...

please don't be offended by dullboys observations

velvett said:
Yah pretty much.
It's quite a scene when they get all pissy.
Aretha Franklin had to be physcially removed from a restaurant not so long ago.

The nite clubs let them get away with it because they want word to get aorund that they are their so more people will try and get into the club to see them.

yes, dullboy agrees that most celebrities and more specifically, pro atheletes, are notoriusly stingy.

they expect to be comped on everything. dullboy is pretty certain the average baseball and football player walks around with 6 cents in their pocket.

I don't doubt that dullboy's observations of empirical evidence are accurate, and no offense was taken. Just relating my personal experience.

Just like some blacks are offended by racial profiling. A quote from one of my favorite columnists, Walter Williams:

"I'm not mad at the cops stopping people who look like me, I'm mad at all the people that look like me that are out there committing crimes and giving me a bad name!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom