Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you Stiff legged deadlift?

405x1 a year ago, from the floor :D

well it was a deadlift attempt, but I stiffed it up :p

I can probably do 365lbs for a few sets of 3 right now, since I RDL'ed deadlift 4x3 with 353lbs from the floor a few weeks ago. Grip being the main limitation, but I am stronger now. More or less a similar lift except I lower all the way to the floor and then back with a shrug at the top.

I do a circuit rotation with full squats and abs, all of em heavy, 3mins between sets of each

Last edited:
ssme - valid point about me doing stiff legs after squats.

yes i do regular deads. this week i did 4 sets of 5 and one set of 8 with 200lbs. it's one of my 5x5s, however, i normally do 10 on the last set and slow the pace down quite a bit. this week i was feeling weak and out of gas by the time i got to that last set, hence a lowly 8. in 12 weeks, i've gone from 105lbs being a major pull on my back to working 200lbs. we went up 10lbs a week for a while, and finally slowed it down last week. after the first few weeks, it was just TOO light to add 5lbs a week. now that my working deadlift is above my bench (but slightly below my squat) i'm satisfied. now as long as all 3 continue up on a steady pace, i'll be happy.

scotsman, thanks! :)

you guys have some impressive numbers. keep it up!

I may look and see if I can find the video...but I think last year some time I did just a tad over 500. Can't remember the exact number...but in the VERY low 5's. I pulled it from the floor like a deadlift, then down, then back up...then back down. Raw.

I don't think I'll be doing them for a while but I'll probably start them back this Summer LIGHT.

B True

haven't done them in so long...just the old fashioned deadlift for me as of late.

anyhow, nothing against the underdog, but i miss your other avatar! ;)

I work out just to keep in shape, so I only do 120, after squats and lunges. Back day I do regular deadlifts, 160. I'm a wimp, but I'm not trying to get huge. :)

Ive never tried stiff legs. How exactly are they done? Just keep the knees completely locked and lift like a dead? Also how is wing span measured exactly? ThanX!

I keep my knees locked, feet about 1 foot apart. I hold my upper body as stiff as possible and my back as arched as possible, and focus on pulling with only my hams and gluts. It really hits the hamstrings, much more than regular deadlifts.

i keep my back as straight as possible for stiff leg deads. i do the same thing for regular deads as well (you should see how straight my back is for regular deads...amazing). other than that, just like iron and gravity said, feet are pretty narrow, i go maybe shoulder width or narrower, knees are locked, and just stand it up.

if you don't feel comfortable off the floor with them, try them in the power rack. i've been doing them (and beast lifts) on the lowest setting. i don't want to go lower for stiff leg deads because i feel like i'll start to round my back.

Top Bottom