Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long do you workout

cloak33

Hey fellas. Been reading up on the ideal length of time for a heavy weightlifting workout and can really draw a definitive line as to what the ideal length is.

1) What do you think the MAX amount of time for a heavy weightlifting session is? (know of any good articles on this?)

2) Is cardio included into this time frame, or can you do some cardio after the weights without affecting your workout?

3) When using gear do you tend to workout longer because you're on? Does the gear expand this window?

Thanks

that depends on what you are training for and how hard you work and also your body. im usually in and out of the gym in about 45 minutes.

heavy sessions usually require longer rest periods between sets, could make the workout last alittle longer. when i do 30 second rest between sets, im done in 20 to 30 minutes for 2 bodyparts.

cardio is not included in this total time and the best time to burn fat is cardio after weights.

hormone levels dip i think at about 60 to 75 minute workouts. i would consider that a long workout.

cardio is not included in this total time and the best time to burn fat is cardio after weights.

hormone levels dip i think at about 60 to 75 minute workouts. i would consider that a long workout.

Having said that, is it advisable to do some cardio after weights if I'm trying to bulk up, but at the same time drop a couple % of body fat?

I usually spend 15 minutes warming up (light cardio, mobility work, core work) then 30-45 minutes lifting. I train using a powerlifting type routine on a three day split. I have also been doing 15-20 minutes of HIIT at the end of my workouts as of late. So no more than 90 minutes and thats including a thorough warm up and cardio. This seems to work well for me.

Having said that, is it advisable to do some cardio after weights if I'm trying to bulk up, but at the same time drop a couple % of body fat?

cant really do both. might want to try adding calories in weekly and try and make some gains and limit the fat. when the fat starts to accumulate, you know youre too far in excess of calories. i would do cardio for the heart factor.

the cardio thing is an on going argument. some say early am and pm and some will say post w/o is best. many do post w/o because it is convenient. for your goal (imo counter productive) i would do some early am cardio a few days per wk. do a minor carb cut in your last couple meals and add a little more protein.

If im on my own Im done in about 50-60mins, thats including warms ups. If im with my training partner about 60-75mins, if Im with them and I do my ab routine after maybe 90mins tops. I take 3mins rest between heavy compounds and this really makes me sessions longer. I hate it lol

Top Bottom