Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hockey fans

bwhahaah

I think the Caps will be the team to watch this year.

I've played hockey since I was 5 years old (now 31), grew up watching Gretzky, Lemieux, Leech, Coffee, Iafrate, Selanne, Mogilny, Neely, etc. I've seen some great talent come through the league and until Zetterberg and Ovechkin recently I haven't seen anyone that came close to the talent of Peter Forsberg.

Forsberg in my opinion was the best two way player to play the game in the last 10 years, unfortunately he was plagued with injuries for the last 5+ years. I haven't seen any other players come close to Forsberg's level of play until now. Those two will be a pleasure to watch for a long time.

As I've gotten older I'm more a fan of the game as opposed to having a favorite team. If I'm leaning in any direction its towards the Caps since I live in Baltimore, but that is only because they are acquiring some decent talent as of late. While I may not like Detroit they do know what they are doing behind the bench and in the back office, you can't deny that.

I still say if Hosa hasn't found a niche about a month from trade deadline, he's gone

EZ_E said:
#1-Ken Holland knows what he's doing more than us. There's a reason the Wings are as good as they are every year. (Although, that bullshit they call a division helps)

#2-95% of all European player, ESPECIALLY wingers, are crybabies. See Hasek, Jagr, etc.

#3-There is no way in hell Wayne Gretzky would have had more points in this era as opposed to when he played. Not a chance. The league is so water down now there's no chance of assembling anything CLOSE to those Oiler teams of those days. In those days if anyone sneezed on Gretzky; Dave Semenko & Marty McSorley would pound 'em. So did Tony Twist, Tim Hunter, etc. Guys had BALLS back then and it allowed the skill players to play.

And as long as I'm on a roll, everyone needs to get off the Barry Melrose bandwagon. WTF has he ever done? He coached the Kings for 3 years (13 f-ing years ago) with a losing record 2 of those years and he had Gretzky in his prime. Even the year they went to the finals, they were about a .500 team. Gretzky got the Kings to the finals that year, not Melrose.

Since the Lightning can't get any worse next year and since they added one of the best goalies in the league, all the idiots on ESPN will be saying how Melrose is the greatest coach in the world.

Agree with the Melrose/Gretzky statements but Kolzig one of the best in the league? You have to be kidding. Lightning ain't going nowhere.

canadianhitman said:
Hossa is a top-level scoring talent AND he busts his ass on the backcheck...getting him makes Detroit a better team. The only thing that could derail them is goaltending at this point.
+1
Hossa wanted to go there and left a fortune on the table. He obviously wants to get a ring. Great addition. Wings have to be huge favourites to repeat next year.

ponyfitness said:
I don't think they will considering what happened last time they tried to mess around. I was so happy when that season got cancelled and finally these whiny players got told either play for what you're worth or don't play at all.
WTF
What was lockout for?
Mediocre players getting $4 million/yr for 5 yrs.
NHL better get a big television contract cuz avg Joe cannot afford to see a game live.

CMarc said:
WTF
What was lockout for?
Mediocre players getting $4 million/yr for 5 yrs.
NHL better get a big television contract cuz avg Joe cannot afford to see a game live.

As a kid growing up my father got corporate seats at MSG. This was in like '92 to '95 (not a kid but high school). Four tickets at $125 face value, then to park in the city is about $60 for the night. If you do dinner before hand or even get stuff at the game, thats $600 total for the night. Thank god the tickets were free and it ends up being a $150 night and not $600, but you are right, the average Joe doesn't drop that kind of scratch for ice hockey.

CMarc said:
WTF

Especially in Montreal, where the season is sold out before the first puck drops and the only way to get tickets is through scalpers. If you want a good seat, 200 on an average weeknight vs. a bad team, 250 vs. a good team, and 300+ against a rival or a team with a superstar everyone wants to see.

I pay it, but it's a kick in the pants. Gonna buy a ten game package on a pair this year I think; pick the 5 games I want to see most, and scalp the other 5 pairs to subsidize the tickets I'm going to use.

Last edited:
canadianhitman said:
Especially in Montreal, where the season is sold out before the first puck drops and the only way to get tickets is through scalpers. If you want a good seat, 200 on an average weeknight vs. a bad team, 250 vs. a good team, and 300+ against a rivan or a team with a superstar everyone wants to see.

I pay it, but it's a kick in the pants. Gonna buy a ten game package on a pair this year I think; pick the 5 games I want to see most, and scalp the other 5 pairs to subsidize the tickets I'm going to use.

you guys missed a bunch of the playoff games too, right?

canadianhitman said:
Especially in Montreal, where the season is sold out before the first puck drops and the only way to get tickets is through scalpers. If you want a good seat, 200 on an average weeknight vs. a bad team, 250 vs. a good team, and 300+ against a rivan or a team with a superstar everyone wants to see.

Fortunately, my company has season tickets. Unless it can be written off, it's just not affordable for an individual with ticket in reds @ $135 + $10 beer + $4 hot dog.

Insane signings for former habs
Ryder: $12 million for 3 yrs
Streit: $4.1 for 5 yrs
Huet: $5.625 for 4 yrs
Theodore: $4.5 for 2
Hainsey: $4.5 for 5

Top Bottom