Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hockey fans

#1-Ken Holland knows what he's doing more than us. There's a reason the Wings are as good as they are every year. (Although, that bullshit they call a division helps)

#2-95% of all European player, ESPECIALLY wingers, are crybabies. See Hasek, Jagr, etc.

#3-There is no way in hell Wayne Gretzky would have had more points in this era as opposed to when he played. Not a chance. The league is so water down now there's no chance of assembling anything CLOSE to those Oiler teams of those days. In those days if anyone sneezed on Gretzky; Dave Semenko & Marty McSorley would pound 'em. So did Tony Twist, Tim Hunter, etc. Guys had BALLS back then and it allowed the skill players to play.

And as long as I'm on a roll, everyone needs to get off the Barry Melrose bandwagon. WTF has he ever done? He coached the Kings for 3 years (13 f-ing years ago) with a losing record 2 of those years and he had Gretzky in his prime. Even the year they went to the finals, they were about a .500 team. Gretzky got the Kings to the finals that year, not Melrose.

Since the Lightning can't get any worse next year and since they added one of the best goalies in the league, all the idiots on ESPN will be saying how Melrose is the greatest coach in the world.

Hossa is a top-level scoring talent AND he busts his ass on the backcheck...getting him makes Detroit a better team. The only thing that could derail them is goaltending at this point.

i wouldnt have touched that team. the young talent is amazing. with this "star" player, the dynamic will change.

goaltending, osgood is still great. hopefully he stays healthy. i figured they would have gotten a goalie. they didnt need hossa. spend that money on campbell and forget about it, lights out again.

ez-e: you are right about the team gretzky had, nothing like that will happen again. especially with free agency which has ruined all sports.

chaos13 said:
unless the 09-10 is a lockout, this season could be the last year of the CBA. the NHLPA has the option to opt out of the cba after this season.

I don't think they will considering what happened last time they tried to mess around. I was so happy when that season got cancelled and finally these whiny players got told either play for what you're worth or don't play at all.

hahaahhaha@Hossa not helping Detroit

they have 13 million cap space.....they are the best manged team by far.....they still have 7 million which they will save for Zetterberg next year...mark my works....Hossa,Cleary and Fillupula would be dynamic.

ponyfitness said:
I don't think they will considering what happened last time they tried to mess around. I was so happy when that season got cancelled and finally these whiny players got told either play for what you're worth or don't play at all.
I disagree..Have you seen the numbers that players are getting signed????? Its off the hook!!

timtim said:
gretzky played in an era where hooking, holding, and interference werent called. if he played now hed have more points than he did then. with the space players are alotted to move around now, they should shut their mouths and play. the interference calls now are ridiculous. necessary to make the game marketable but lets be serious, alittle tug on the hip or stick by the hands and its a 2 minute penalty. i played for 14 years, wish those calls were around when i was playing.

If he played now hed have more points than he did then???

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this statement clearly shows that you're mentally handicap.

look at how many points on average players accumlated back then compared to now. :rolleyes:

look at the goalie equipment.

Are you really that ignorant to think that hockey players now are waaaaaaay shittier then back in the day.

Also clearly hossa is a brilliant move by detroit geez.

too early to say if they'll repeat, but they are by far the favorite as it stands right now.

Paul_Allen said:
ya wayne Gretzky would suck now...LOLOL

One body check from Bertuzzi and he'd be a heap of padding on the ice. hahahaha!

Top Bottom