Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hardgaining. . .a myth?

jeffpoos

I was wondering. THere are lot of veterans here and i was wondering, has anyone ever encountered someone(no diseases) who couldnt put on weight. Do you think hardgaining is due to insufficeint diet. Could you post stories that worked to help so called hardgainers add the mass they want(Without roids).
The reason i post is because i used to think i was a hardgainer and i think i just wasnt eating right. But i still need to know what works for someone whos gains come a little slower

I'm not a hardgainer but I think you have the right idea. I think most hardgainers don't follow proper nutrition/diet. A hardgainer may need some extra calories or just eliminate cardio. My advice is simply up your protein intake! I don't make massive gains myself but I do notice positive results when I up my protein closer to 2 grams of protein per pound as opposed to 1.25-1.5 grams per pound.

I agree. "Hardgainers" dont eat right...well in my experience.

------------------
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

As a personal trainer I see that alot too. Skinny guys want to be big, but they first need the discipline to eat.

I'm probably what most people would call a hardgainer.
Been training for 4 years. Making great strength gains but can't put on any real size.

Then along comes the good old protein supplements, and a lot of them. Pow.....on goes the weight.

It seems that most hard gainers don't have a huge appetite and can't eat enough whole food. You have to supplement with massive amounts of protein, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Hardgaining a myth? Thats almost as bad as saying skin color is a myth. Obviously, some people have an easier time putting on weight that others. And frankly, you can't go either way with the coorelations. Is it necessarily that they are skinny because they eat less, or do they eat less because they are naturally skinny. As a hardgainer, I was never able to put on more than 7 pounds of muscle in two and a half years of natural training, despite a rigorous training regiment, and proper diet. At the same time, I knew peers doing considerably less than I was, stacking on muscle like it was on sale at Kmart.

A lot of it is genetic. I'm not sure what the exactitudes of it are, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it lies in the hormones (or lack thereof). If science shows that some people are naturally born with more muscle building hormones than others, would it still be considered cheating to level out the hormone levels through juicing? And of course, there are various levels of muscle building potential, its not all cut and dry, hardgainer or not.

Top Bottom