Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Haliburton moving from Texas to Dubai

redguru said:
So you bitch if Haliburton is an American company then bitch when they leave?
ding ding ding! That is correct!

See, you have to malign and dispise companies based on our soil first. Then you push for over-regulating and over-taxing them. Then, in the coup de grace, you bitch when they abandon the country.

Maybe we should just move back to a feudal sharecropping system where the largest business is the guy who had the most sons to work for it. Oh, wait... I'm sure that wouldn't be fair either.

gotmilk said:
That's not the point. They are moving their main headquarters offshore while sucking money out of the U.S. I've been to Dubai before and it's amazing...but...I think it's a slap in our face to move their headquarters there. Open an office....

It would be like Bill Gates announcing he is moving Microsoft's headquarters to India.

Have you ever spoken to a Microsoft support person?

"Thank you for calling Microsoft my name is Manish Patel may I help you"

I did a lot of business off shore, still paid taxes to the IRS the private company not part of the US Gov't...
:santa:

Grumpy Old Man said:
Have you ever spoken to a Microsoft support person?

"Thank you for calling Microsoft my name is Manish Patel may I help you"

I did a lot of business off shore, still paid taxes to the IRS the private company not part of the US Gov't...

Yeah, they all adopted English sounding first names at Microsoft's Indian offices.

I do offshore business too with buy/sell programs for Medium Term Notes and Bonds. Thing is Grump, while you do business offshore, you would still show some loyalty to the US...and in your case....Texas.

Go open an office in Dubai...fuck...Halliburton is missing out on business in the major Mideast countries...but don't move your Headquarters offshore. It's fairly unpatriotic and kind of insulting.

And for those who do not know, most of Halliburton's services to soldiers in the Mideast have been retooled to other outsourcing companies because Halliburton sucked ass. In one case, the dining hall at Mosul tried to serve eggs one morning in a vat that had blood on it....until the commanding officer threw the Halliburton employees off base. Fucking idiots for real.

Just remember, it's their business. Not ours. Us criticizing them is the same as criticizing those that move to live in another country. It's your own choice. It's smart business wise.

Whiskey

gotmilk said:
Yeah, they all adopted English sounding first names at Microsoft's Indian offices.

I do offshore business too with buy/sell programs for Medium Term Notes and Bonds. Thing is Grump, while you do business offshore, you would still show some loyalty to the US...and in your case....Texas.

Go open an office in Dubai...fuck...Halliburton is missing out on business in the major Mideast countries...but don't move your Headquarters offshore. It's fairly unpatriotic and kind of insulting.

And for those who do not know, most of Halliburton's services to soldiers in the Mideast have been retooled to other outsourcing companies because Halliburton sucked ass. In one case, the dining hall at Mosul tried to serve eggs one morning in a vat that had blood on it....until the commanding officer threw the Halliburton employees off base. Fucking idiots for real.

AMEN Brother! or for those in the Halliburton camp Howdy Allah.....

I don't think you understand why people are upset.......nobody really gives a shit about halliburton leaving, they don't exactly drive our economy. What I want to know is.......does this move negate them from future penalties when it comes out they've fleeced the american taxpayer. Other than that.....bon voyage, get the fuck out.......don't forget our VP as you're on your way out the door.

mrplunkey said:
ding ding ding! That is correct!

See, you have to malign and dispise companies based on our soil first. Then you push for over-regulating and over-taxing them. Then, in the coup de grace, you bitch when they abandon the country.

Maybe we should just move back to a feudal sharecropping system where the largest business is the guy who had the most sons to work for it. Oh, wait... I'm sure that wouldn't be fair either.

Top Bottom