Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym staff attitudes?

:finger2:
I work part-time at my gym. Sometimes when I get in there after working my regular job, I don't want to deal w/ little horsesh!t problems. The gym ain't a bank so if you need change for a machine bring it, if the machine is always broken, don't use it. There are 1000's of people that go to a gym and you need to realize that, you are not the center of the universe in the gym. When you are there, treat the employees how you would like to be treated if you worked there. I am nice to a lot of people that workout at my gym, go out of the way for some of them, but the f*cking meatheads that are always complaining about sh!t or have problems, I don't care about.

Yup thats a good one Josey W. I won't change gyms this location the deal I get on membership and the fine chicks is not worth it. I can live with it, just wanted to see how other ppl find their gyms.

Last edited:
the shit that drives me crazy is the pussy music they play on occassion. but lets not get into that
]

Arnie,

I do try to respect the staff. I don't bitch and complain. The drink machine thing was because I watched 2 other people lose their money also, I was just trying to help.

Some staff where I workout are great, but there are a few fucking pricks.

Now as far as you, even though it's a part time job, it's still a job. You get paid to serve the members. The expectation when a member pays is that in addition to facilities, you will provide customer service, just like at a restaurant or other type of establishment. As far as I am concerned, if you can't do your job because either you are too beat, or you somehow feel that you do not need to deliver customer service, IMO your ass should be canned.

X, I am not too tired to do my job. I know I am there to assist people w/ what they are trying to accomplish. I understand I work 2 jobs and it is my choice but, you need to understand some of the petty sh!t that comes along w/ that job. It has nothing to do w/ the owners or mangaers, it has to do w/ certain clientelle. For the most part people come in and do not cause problems but, for everyone that casues a problem, it seems to manifest itself into other people having problems. I know more than not, most people are fine. I have met a ton of cool people from working there. I do it cause I like hanging around the gym. The biggest problem is people think that the gym is theirs and what they want is the way it should be. It is hard to please 2500 people. Everyone likes different music, different bars, different class times, etc. People need to understand it is a business for everyone not just them. Those are the ones I have problems w/. I understand you pay a membership fee but, you need to understand that everyone at all times can't get what they want.

They just hired a bunch of new guys at my gym and all of them have attitudes. People will be lined up at the counter to get a lock or drink and they wont even acknowledge them. There is one guy in particular who I cant stand. He is a young guy but obviously balding and he combs his straight now over his baldness. He will have his back to the customers as they approach. I saw him ignore a woman and then tell her to wait a minute while he talked to the other butthead about his car. I said something to him though and mention it to the manager, not because Im a jerk but because this guy obviously had to be taught how to be professional. How hard is working at a gym and Im not talking about a personal trainer. I dont pay to deal with an attitude and I dont give one. Giving me a lock or drink takes ten seconds out of your life.

Last edited:
Hey bro, How's this for a story of gym staff?

I am a member of Bally Total fitness in New York City and every club hires these ghetto black people with nasty attitudes who don't care about you or care to help you.

Now I don't care how you act on the street corners in Harlem, but when you are in a place of business, you are supposed to act professional.

Last week after working out I had to take a shower at the gym because the gym is closer to my job than my apartment is. When I went to use the shower, the shower was so filthy with dirty puddles of water on the floor, thick globs of hair on the drains, soap cartons, band aids and razor blades on the shower floors. The shower area was a biohazard.

So I went to the front desk to ask the receptionist, Tysheka Jackson if she could send someone to clean the shower. Tysheka kept pointing her extremely long over-painted fingernail at me and got nasty with me and said "why da hell you be botherin' me fo'"?

I tried to explain to her that the shower was filthy but she interrupted me saying "did I mees up dat shower? Huh? I ain't mess up no men's shower, don't be botherin' me or I'll get my baby-daddy to kick yo' white azz".

Tysheka's manager Shyronda Jenkins came up to the desk and asked if there was a problem. I explained to Shyronda the problem, then she said that "someone will be gettin' to dat shower soon, but you gotta wait". I asked her how long. She said "How da hell do I know. I ain't no Miss Cleo". I asked Shyronda if there is a janitor on duty, she just stared at me for 30 seconds popping her bubble gum and twisting her recently weaved braids (I knew they were fake, her hair was much shorter last week) then she said "I don't know when dat nigga gonna come in!!! Get outta my face"!!!

After about 10 minutes the janitor TyShaun arrived in the locker room. But instead of cleaning, TyShaun was walking around for 10 minutes going "Yo! Whazzup" to all the black personal trainers who were just hanging out in the locker room.

I finally walked up to TyShaun and asked him nicely when the showers were going to be cleaned. He said "I'm gettin' to dem yo!" I asked him when, he said "Yo! Yo! Can't you see I'm talkin' to my peeps, Yo!"? I told him he should talk to his friends when he's off duty and that I was going to report him to the main office if he didn't clean the shower.

TyShaun then got angry and told me that I "would love to see a strong black brotha lose his job". I told him that race had nothing to do with it. I don't care if the person who cleans the shower is black, white, Asian or Latino. I wanted a clean shower. He kept telling me that I was trying to put the black man down. I got so annoyed waiting that I decided to go home and take a shower which made me late for work.

Can't Bally hire any white people. NYC is 40 percent white and Bally hires NO white people. I remember when the club was Jack LaLanne and most of the receptionist staff were beautiful young pretty white girls who would help you out and answer your questions and white guys who were hard working janitors who would thoroughly clean every machine as well as the bathrooms.

I guess that there is some affirmative action thing or something that they must hire blacks, or is it becuase the black staff will stay longer because they don't go to college to get better jobs like the white staff did.

Top Bottom