Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

give me the kali goss

subf

k i'm new to this board stuff so bear with me.

need advice. i've been doing muay thai for a couple of years and bjj for bit over a year.

1 of my thai training is leaving and starting kali, thinks its the shit and i should join, at least 1 sesh a week.

i'll have sacrifice something thai, bjj or weights. anyone know or trained in kali, who can give me the details? or think i should let him go and focus on what i'm doing

i;d agree with what zenmachine said, if the kali instructor is turd there is little point

i love kali :) basically just because it gives you the opportunity to train something other than 100% empty hands, introduces to practical weaponry you have everyday access to and has that 'art' element to it as well as the combat aspect of it as well, and has prinicples of flow and attack to it that you can apply to empty hands

the stick drills really do speed you up and improve your footwork and crucially for me they helped me understand an opponents possible attacks both hand and weapin based

given you;ve done thai for a few years you should be quite proficient at it. i;d drop 1 lesson of thai and sub in kali, i dont think i'd completely get rid of thai boxing as the conditioning and sparring is something i dont get in kali

cheers/

yeh, i'm going to give a go. nice to learn something new.

anyone tried shootfighting, either through london, US or south africa, or anywhere? there's word that where get one of their instructors down my neck of the woods.

just read a report on london shootfighters training, apparently their mma traing is 2nd to none. curious to hear from someone who has trained at 1 of their gyms.

I don't think you will find that "shootfighting" is a style in the sense that Kali or Muai Thai are. A lot of people bill their hybrid styles of grappling/striking as shootfighting.

I guess as I think of it, Bart Vale has copyrighted the name shootfighting, and despite the crap you hear about him, some decent fighters come out of his schools.

My best recommendation is always to take a couple of classes, get a feel whether or not you will like it.

Top Bottom