Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

Do the rolleyes smiley all you want. But I fail to see how quoting yourself is any sort of proof. Just off the top of my head without doing any research I can see a few things wrong with that post. I don't know any scientists that believe birds were the first animals to exist, Most of the O2 was NOT created by Cyanobacteria, NOT plants, Genesis states in one part that man was created first and then a little bit later than man was created last, and no new species since man? That does not agree with science at all.

There are more inaccuracies than that and most of the quotes from the bible DO NOT specifically state what you claim they state but can be interpreted to mean whatever you want. By your logic Nostradamus is god because some of what he wrote kinda looks like stuff that happened, and that's good enough for you.

Also, like all creationists, you show a complete lack of knowledge of evolution. You honestly have no concept of what it means.

So in conclusion, the fact that you were able to find a few things that kinda sound right if you interpret them the right way out of 1000+ pages doesn't convince me.

curling said:
If you want to go to Heaven, He better be yours.
lol
amazes me how people give a infinite being human(finite) emotions such as judgement
if God is infinite and complete then woudldnt his forgiveness be infitinte as well? so no matter what anyone did or beleived in...it would not matter since God is eternal and his forgiveness unending.
stop putting limitations of human traits on something infinite in an effort to understand what you cannot comprehend.

JonPee said:
Do the rolleyes smiley all you want. But I fail to see how quoting yourself is any sort of proof.

Well, I expected you would do research on the facts rather than assume to accept opinion. I guess you don't want to do that. I tried to give you a starting point.

Just off the top of my head without doing any research I can see a few things wrong with that post. I don't know any scientists that believe birds were the first animals to exist,

It didn't say that, it said they came after SEA ANIMALS. If you would read what was there, you would see that science DOES agree.

Most of the O2 was NOT created by Cyanobacteria, NOT plants,

Again, it didn't say that, it said the hydrological cycle put it there by God's hand. You made a strawman argument.

Genesis states in one part that man was created first and then a little bit later than man was created last, and no new species since man?

I didn't put that either.

You don't like to look at facts. Apparently you skim and then argue. Genesis never states anywhere that man was created first. -And no new unique CREATURE was created, nowhere did it or I say species.

That does not agree with science at all.

I know. You made it up.
There are more inaccuracies than that and most of the quotes from the bible DO NOT specifically state what you claim they state but can be interpreted to mean whatever you want.

1. You didn't even read it all
2. You make it say whatever you want BECAUSE you didn't read it all.

When taking things in context, you cannot make it mean anything but what it means.

By your logic Nostradamus is god because some of what he wrote kinda looks like stuff that happened, and that's good enough for you.

Of course not. He wasn't accurate, and some of his stuff never happened.

Also, like all creationists, you show a complete lack of knowledge of evolution. You honestly have no concept of what it means.

Wrong again. -And before you start down that path, might I suggest we discuss:

1. Macro and Micro evolution vs DNA and LOSS of data, not CREATION of data through generations.

2. Mutation vs Evolution

3. Carbon 14 inaccuracies beyond 2000 years

4. ANY dating method used for fossils as they do not account for a hydrological cycle changing things.

5. The fact no fossil dating systems account for loss of gasses in diamond structures which make all the methodology irrelevant when dating diamond, -a carbon substance.

So in conclusion, the fact that you were able to find a few things that kinda sound right if you interpret them the right way out of 1000+ pages doesn't convince me.

I know.

Try doing some research.

I bet you don't buy a soloflex because some guy told you you could look good if you use it. You went to the source to find out what it was like and PROVED it by either research or experience.

This is no different.

There's also a contradiction with being omnipotent and omniscient.

Omnipotent: Can god make a rock so heavy not even he can lift it? If he can then there's something he can't lift and he's not omnipotent, and if he can't then there's something he can't make which also makes him not omnipotent.

Omniscient: If god knows everything that is going to happen, then he already know's what you're going to do and you have no free will. If you really do have free will then he doesn't know what you're going to do and he's not omniscient.

And theprofessor can suck it

Phenom78 said:
No

They all stem from subsequent translations from a source which was itself a translation.

Non sequitur. I was addressing Lestats original post, which attributes the legend of David killing Goliath to the editors of the King James Bible. Since only ENGLISH SPEAKING Christians use that bible, or its descendents, then clearly the bibles of other languages would not include this supposed error.

krishna said:
First of all, your own bible says that it's not for you to judge, yet that's exactly what you do. You are like the hypocrites that Jesus chastized. Who did Jesus hang out with? Not the people of the church, but the sinners and common-man; the very people that were condemned by the Jewish religion. It's sad to say that the church that Jesus came to overthrow is the very same thing that has come into being with the christian church. They condemn and cast judgement. If Jesus were here now, he would not be happy. And no he's not coming back either.

Hey, I am not judging him that is God's job. I am just stating a fact that is in the Bible that Jesus said Himself. Jesus told us(Christians) to do that in the great commisssion. So I just doing my job. . If he doesn't want to believe so he continue in his sin because he doesn't want to stop sinning, that is totally up to Lestat. I won't blow his ass up like other religions say to do to infedels.

this debate still going?

hahahaha

Read the bible if you WANT to read the bible, believe in Jesus IF YOU WANT TO BELIEVE. Its not all that hard to figure out ... is it?

don't condemn others for having different beliefs

Mr. dB said:
Non sequitur. I was addressing Lestats original post, which attributes the legend of David killing Goliath to the editors of the King James Bible. Since only ENGLISH SPEAKING Christians use that bible, or its descendents, then clearly the bibles of other languages would not include this supposed error.

LMFAO

You're right

I gave Lestat and the author too much credit. He is basing his argument on a single translation from a source which was itself a translation. Its so intellectualy specious as to be humorous.

I imagine he didnt think his atheist readers would apply much critical thought to anything he wrote, and so it would pass without comment.

He knows his audience well. Intellectually lazy and ready to grasp at whatever straws he tossed

Top Bottom