Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of how Bibllical History is contrived (made up)

ragnar06 said:
People would beleive the cow jumped over the moon if they were told from birth.
Read 'Might is Right'...It exposes religion(especially Christianity) for what it really is, slave dogma. Religion turns Men into slaves/half-lings with no sap.

Why even debate religion, when all religions are based on myth. Religion does not have a leg to stand on.
great post

Lestat said:
I've read the bible more than once, and certain passages hundreds of times. Who are you to tell me what I have and have not read?

The term reading implies even a small amount of attempt at comprehension.

I guess I should have made my statement:

"You have not read the Bible and tried to honestly comprehend it in context."

I have a 5 year old.

My child, without any guidance or information to anything spiritual picked up a Bible and read a few verses to understand it for what it said.

Later, she can rationalize it against other schools of thought. -But her ability to read it for what it says exists within her limit of vocabulary.

There is no excuse for adults.

foreigngirl said:
ok, I looked it up in my macedonian translation of the Orthodox Bible.

ok, in the "Story of David and Goliath" 1 Sam 17 the name of Goliath is mentioned only once, the rest of the time he is reffered to as the philistine. In 2 Sam 21.19, it does say that there was a battle in Get and thjat Elhanan, the son of Ariorgima from Betheheem killed the Goliath Gittite. There is no mention of the word "brother". Its said - And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.

this is the same

the same

same again
so basically your copy of the Bible doesn't say that David killed Goliath.

yet how many people teach that story to their children?

for all of you morons... the bible is an interpretation... which means ............... Everyone will interprte it differnt than the next.

Damn, is that so hard to understand?

You stated you were pretty sure you have read it more than I and implied that you knew more about it because of that.

My point that you lose is because if you knew about it, you would know more than 1/3 of it is prophecy, and much of which modern scientific and historical experts AGREE is fact. They discover MORE of it is fact every day. Taken at that alone, you do not need to be a scholar to know the Bible is what it claims.

When you argue against that point, it shows you have not done very much investigating at all, or you have chosen to deny it. In either case, that is not a position of knowledge.

Well, it certainly isn't fulfilling the role it is supposed to when you deny its validity.

Then maybe you can explain the Hadith which must be taken with the Koran to understand the context. Maybe you can also explain the Surahs. Do we need to go into that?

I love being an ignorant idiot.

Show me how you can enlighten me when no Jew is allowed into islam's capital: Saudi Arabia. Show me why they behead someone for carrying a Bible in most muslim countries.

Show me how stupid I am.

Oh, I see. And when it says to kill all infidels, as that is the only way of assurance into paradise, (because even Muhammad's successor said that if he did eveything right, he didn't even have assurance because Muhammad might kick him out of paradise), then we assume "infidels" to be warriors? "Infidels" is further defined as all those who do not submit in worshipping Allah. -A PAGAN MOON GOD.

Really? And where are your numbers?

-And when "Kill by the sword" is the entire theme of islam? -And history proves it. If you want to condemn Christianity for bloodshed, you must shift that to catholicism and the persecution of Jews under Hitler whom they put in power.

No, that is called CATHOLICISM.

Biblical Christianity is not catholicism. Catholicism says MEN are God's authority, Biblical Christianity says Jesus is God's authority.

One follows men and the other follows the Bible. Hence, one is a cult and the other is not. -By definition.

Spoken like a muslim.

Christianity is not a "power". -It is merely a personal relationship with God (Yahweh) and a philosophy of loving your neighbor.

Islam, by contrast, is about serving a pagan moon god by ritual to try to enter heaven, killing all neighbors who do not also do the same as COMMANDED.

Laughable.

Christianity was forced on the people? Ummmm.....how does one prove they worship Jesus Christ?

They CANT. All they can do is worhip MEN who follow Jesus, as THERE IS NO COMMANDED RITUALS to follow Jesus, and therefore be a Christian.

Catholicism is another matter. Like muslims, they do rituals all over the place.

Yeah.

Ok.

I am stupid and you know all. I think we made that clear.

Dude, catholocism is a christian religion; it is the beginning of christianity along with eastern orthodox. I don't disagree that a lot of muslims are extremists, but that's not what the koran teaches. If they were to read the koran with love instead of hate, they would not be so dillusioned to its message. I know of biblical prophecy, and it can be interpreted many different ways. The odds are that eventually something will happen that will resemble a prophecy, and then one can say, "See, it was true!" It's just a matter of time and odds before someone can say a prophecy has been fulfilled. Do you know how many times religious scholars have tried to interpret the second coming of christ through prophecy. Oh, what a bummer, he didn't show on any of those occasions. Oh wait, maybe he did when he came back and talked to Joseph Smith who founded the mormon religion??? Like I said, prophecy is a matter of time, odds, and interpretation. Just because you interpret it to mean one thing doesn't mean it's the truth. Anyone with any wisdom at all can see this. Show me your prophecies that you speak of and I guarontee that I will be able to come up with a valid logical counter-argument disproving your beloved theories. If I said the cubs were going to win the world series, odds are that it would happen eventually, and then maybe I could go down in history as a great prophet ;)

Lestat said:
lol. bro you'll be damned? Why do you believe that David Killed goliath? for all we know it could be a myth, like the sword in the stone, or rapunzel letting someone climb up her hair to save her. The bible is full of allergories and parables right? Couldn't that story just be one of them?
What evidence do you have that David actually killed goliath? a few verses in a REALLY old book, the source and authors of which cannot be fully comfirmed? Or are you one of those types that just has to hear something enough and then you start believing?
some people may say it is all coincidence... but i have seen the hand of God at work...
the Bible prophecy proves itself...

krishna said:
Dude, catholocism is a christian religion; it is the beginning of christianity along with eastern orthodox. I don't disagree that a lot of muslims are extremists, but that's not what the koran teaches. If they were to read the koran with love instead of hate, they would not be so dillusioned to its message. I know of biblical prophecy, and it can be interpreted many different ways. The odds are that eventually something will happen that will resemble a prophecy, and then one can say, "See, it was true!" It's just a matter of time and odds before someone can say a prophecy has been fulfilled. Do you know how many times religious scholars have tried to interpret the second coming of christ through prophecy. Oh, what a bummer, he didn't show on any of those occasions. Oh wait, maybe he did when he came back and talked to Joseph Smith who founded the mormon religion??? Like I said, prophecy is a matter of time, odds, and interpretation. Just because you interpret it to mean one thing doesn't mean it's the truth. Anyone with any wisdom at all can see this. Show me your prophecies that you speak of and I guarontee that I will be able to come up with a valid logical counter-argument disproving your beloved theories. If I said the cubs were going to win the world series, odds are that it would happen eventually, and then maybe I could go down in history as a great prophet ;)
its not the mere fact that prophecy has come true... it is the sheer number of prophecy that ALL came to be...
and we do know the old testament came before the new testament...

The term reading implies even a small amount of attempt at comprehension.

I guess I should have made my statement:

"You have not read the Bible and tried to honestly comprehend it in context."

I have a 5 year old.

My child, without any guidance or information to anything spiritual picked up a Bible and read a few verses to understand it for what it said.

Later, she can rationalize it against other schools of thought. -But her ability to read it for what it says exists within her limit of vocabulary.

There is no excuse for adults.
I read it as a 5 year old, and read it as an adolescent, and then one last time in my early 20s.

Was hoping that it would somehow make sense or enlighten me, but reading it I found myself imagining the people who wrote it, their motives, their place in life at the time, and how different it must be now a couple of thousand years later and translated into different languages.

I have no doubt that jesus christ was a charismatic and influential man, just like Joseph Smith was, I would have loved to been able to meet either of them.

But I have no reason to believe that either person was more than an ordinary man.

Top Bottom