Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does he stay or does he go? Bet on the City.

this whole "jordan's shadow" thing is totally overplayed imo. dude is watching kobe get all these championships and is gonna blow a fuckin gasket if he doesn't get one soon. i think he's off to wherever he thinks he's most likely to get it

Good point. Very Good point. He was the man, then Kobe wins, and now... it just make hulk angry, type feeling, in Lebron.

Last edited:
this whole "jordan's shadow" thing is totally overplayed imo. dude is watching kobe get all these championships and is gonna blow a fuckin gasket if he doesn't get one soon. i think he's off to wherever he thinks he's most likely to get it

I don't think it's overplayed at all. There's a fuckin statue of the nigga outside the United Center. You think he wants to look at that everyday? What happens when they don't win a championship the first year or two? How's the media going to react to that?

Dude has a big an ego as anybody. He wants to carve his own niche. Constant scrutiny and comparisons are a good reason not to sign with a team. Not to mention, like I said, that the personnel doesn't necessarily mesh. He's not stupid. He's probably covered every single angle and is just watching for these teams pitches/vision and what kind of pieces they add, so we'll see what happens.

I hear the knicks are going hard for Joe Johnson, thinking if they sign him right off6 the bat it'll be easier for lebron to commit. Not too crazy about that idea. Joe Johnson is 29 years old....you offer that guy a 5 year contract (or 6 in a sign and trade scenario) and he's on the backend of his career. shooting guards....with the exception of the true greats like jordan and kobe, tend to seriously decline by the time they're 32-33.

I don't think it's overplayed at all. There's a fuckin statue of the nigga outside the United Center. You think he wants to look at that everyday? What happens when they don't win a championship the first year or two? How's the media going to react to that?

Dude has a big an ego as anybody. He wants to carve his own niche. Constant scrutiny and comparisons are a good reason not to sign with a team. Not to mention, like I said, that the personnel doesn't necessarily mesh. He's not stupid. He's probably covered every single angle and is just watching for these teams pitches/vision and what kind of pieces they add, so we'll see what happens.

I hear the knicks are going hard for Joe Johnson, thinking if they sign him right off6 the bat it'll be easier for lebron to commit. Not too crazy about that idea. Joe Johnson is 29 years old....you offer that guy a 5 year contract (or 6 in a sign and trade scenario) and he's on the backend of his career. shooting guards....with the exception of the true greats like jordan and kobe, tend to seriously decline by the time they're 32-33.

I hear it's tween your current town and former. I agree, look at Garnett.

I hear it's tween your current town and former. I agree, look at Garnett.

Garnett is a power forward, and that's why he's been able to play at least at a pretty good level into his mid 30's. Power forwards tend to have longer careers than shooting guards because they don't have to be as mobile. They just need to be able to hit a mid range jumper and post up.

Shooting guards are a completely different animal. They rely on elevation and quickness to create their own shot or get into the lane. Yeah, you can still be a spot up shooter in the latter years...but is that worth 15 mil a year? Look at mitch richmond, tmac, vince carter, michael finley, allen iverson,latrell spreewell, allan houston...just to name a few. i could probably find a bunch of other names that fit that bill.

their skills severely deteriorated in their early to mid 30's. There's a lot more jumping and wear and tear on their knees than a center or power forward. Michael Jordan was exceptionally lucky because he was extremely healthy for most of his career. That's incredibly rare. Kobe has had some minor procedures and minor injuries, but nothing like tearing an ACL or achilles or any type of serious knee or back injury

I wouldn't keep a shooting guard past the age of 32 or 33 at best. A power forward can play till they're 35 or so at a fairly high level.

Another guy i wouldn't want on my team for a 5-6 year contract is Amare. He recovered from micro fracture surgery and played at a high level, but he was a rare instance. There's no guarantee that his knee won't have further complications. He's a power forward that relies a lot on his agility and quickness to be a good player. Once he loses a step or two, he's going to suck. He's got 3 or 4 good years left in him. Look at what happened to kenyon martin...dude was a beast, then his knee went out, had microfracture surgery and he became a role player at best.

That's why Lebron, Bosh, and D-wade are by far the best catches. Still young, explosive and have no major reoccuring injuries (dwade had that one year he was injured, but clearly it hasn't effected him). They have 7-8 years of great basketball left in the tank

it's overplayed dude. every single analyst says the same thing as you. statue? not that big a deal, really. the scrutiny and comparisons are gonna be there no matter where he goes. the only way he can deal with that is to win championships.

i think LeBosh is going to the windy city!

it's overplayed dude. every single analyst says the same thing as you. statue? not that big a deal, really. the scrutiny and comparisons are gonna be there no matter where he goes. the only way he can deal with that is to win championships.

to play for a superjew owner that doesn't like spending money and broke up a dynasty? and is pubicly hated by the greatest player ever and phil jackson? and an unknown coach who's never had a head coaching job? and an unprofessional organization that embarrassed their last head coach unjustly?

good luck with that

LeBosh? Donking K for ya.

Malcom Gladwell pointed out that it's a good thing that Lebron hasn't won this early in his career, as it has allowed his talents to develop in a more fuller manner. He feels Lebron, is an easier player to play with than Jordan, but doesn't have the competitive drive, as Jordan. But who does?

I think Lebron will be like Mickelson, an all time great, but not the singular greatest.

LeBosh? Donking K for ya.

Malcom Gladwell pointed out that it's a good thing that Lebron hasn't won this early in his career, as it has allowed his talents to develop in a more fuller manner. He feels Lebron, is an easier player to play with than Jordan, but doesn't have the competitive drive, as Jordan. But who does?

I think Lebron will be like Mickelson was to golf, an all time great, but not the singular greatest.

they also don't have enough cap space to offer both full max contracts. one would have to take less money to play there or work out a sign and trade with deng. no one wants to take on that dark ngr for 13 mil a year for 4 years. dont see it happening.

they'd be short like 2-3 mil a year. the only teams who can offer two max contracts are the knicks and the heat. but that's not including dwayne wade.

the bulls and nets have about 29-30 mil or so

Top Bottom