Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

China spending their $$$ on infrastructure, not stupid entitlements.

if it ever came to that we'd invade your sorry country and take all the oil we please

In nearly a decade you can't even flush out a ragtag bunch of talibanis...who you kidding?

90% of your army would die trying invade Fort Mac in the winter in the first 6 hours of fighting from the cold alone.

In nearly a decade you can't even flush out a ragtag bunch of talibanis...who you kidding?

90% of your army would die trying invade Fort Mac in the winter in the first 6 hours of fighting from the cold alone.
Yeah, but the Taliban have guns. I'm afraid that it's those are more effective then Canadian snowballs and prayers.

nice, so y'all can go hide in mountain caves while we help ourselves to sweet sweet oil

The only other thing that I would say about #4 is that I could see them do that because of the massive differences between the two places. Entitlements in the US or Canada or Europe are not quite the same as the ones in places like China, the Phillipines, or Nepal. There is no social net there. Unless the direction is to let those people die, they require a baseline.

However, as always, is that the fear will be "what is the baseline"? For example, I think that in the first world, they have alot more then the baseline covered in the social programs (based on my brother's previous career as a social worker).

Again, I really like the "Everything Is Obvious" book for a means to solve this problem rather the scream out "fuck libs" or "fuck cons" solutions. The intent would be to find local representations of populations and try different things and recognize that a solution that works for one town might work for a similar town but not all of China.

The idea of local solutions was exactly what the US founders had in mind. The plan was to have a loose, restrained federal government that could kick-in for large things (i.e. invasion defense) or state-to-state disputes (i.e. restraining trade). Then the states would be idea incubators that addressed the needs of their own local populations.

Since then, we've had a federal takeover of essentially everything. They either directly control it or at least indirectly control it with the massive amounts of money they can withdraw if the states don't comply.

The idea of local solutions was exactly what the US founders had in mind. The plan was to have a loose, restrained federal government that could kick-in for large things (i.e. invasion defense) or state-to-state disputes (i.e. restraining trade). Then the states would be idea incubators that addressed the needs of their own local populations.

Since then, we've had a federal takeover of essentially everything. They either directly control it or at least indirectly control it with the massive amounts of money they can withdraw if the states don't comply.
That's rationale. Who are we kidding? They'll never go for it.

Fuck libs / cons!

Top Bottom