Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

China spending their $$$ on infrastructure, not stupid entitlements.

The only fear with that approach is how it can result in robber barrons or cause another financial meltdown with risky financial instruments.

I completely understand that the stance is a knee jerk reaction to a few bad people, but given the recent outcome, I'm guessing that you would agree that people would be gunshy for it. However, if we're talking about manufacturing or something else of that nature (vs the IMF or something like that), then it would be a different story.

We do have a new set of robber barons emerging. But they are coming from the political, not the merchant class. What people don't recognize is that in some ways we're reverting back to what we had in England -- a noble class.

And as far as risky financial instruments go, our government has already done that with Fannie and Freddie. Been there, done that and even gotten the T-shirt.

China can spend $ on infrastructure, with the money they save from stupid things like freedom of speech (press freedom), minimum social services, public health, pubic education, religious freedom... 60% of their population living with less than $250 per month (with prices around the 85% of the US prices)...

Why do you give so much importance to the GDP of a country? It means NOTHING.

I'd prefer to have a high GDP per capita. Look Norway, Finalnd or Sweden. Can you compare Norway with China? Can you compare the States or any EU country with Norway?
Norway has the 30th largest economy on the world...

China is the 2nd largest economy. And what? As thatbloke said:

inequal distribution of income,
soaring inflation,
underpaid wages,
low average income rate,
high levels of hidden unemployment,
high levels of poverty
average low education level
poor healthcare system

Why do you give so much importance to the GDP of a country? It means NOTHING.

I'd prefer to have a high GDP per capita. Look Norway, Finalnd or Sweden. Can you compare Norway with China? Can you compare the States or any EU country with Norway?
Norway has the 30th largest economy on the world...

China is the 2nd largest economy. And what? As thatbloke said:

inequal distribution of income,
soaring inflation,
underpaid wages,
low average income rate,
high levels of hidden unemployment,
high levels of poverty
average low education level
poor healthcare system

If you want to fit into the system and be a single cog in a much larger machine, then yes -- a European socialized society is for you.

If you are trying to break out of the mold and want to be an entrepreneur, a European socialized society is among the last places you'd want to be.

It really depends on how you see the world working.

If you want to fit into the system and be a single cog in a much larger machine, then yes -- a European socialized society is for you.

If you are trying to break out of the mold and want to be an entrepreneur, a European socialized society is among the last places you'd want to be.

Teh European thing

I'm a sheep ... and I want a check

I see your point, but let me ask you something.

Which is the idea of become an entrepreneur? Win money and improve your quality of life, isn't it? Yours and your family (friends, country, etc, etc) quality of life.

I see your point, and I know what you are talking about, you are right it depends on how you see the world.

But I don't understand what means "break out of the mold". I don't understand the idea you want to show (it's not a problem with the language).

If I'm right, you prefer work for yourself (even when it's harder) that works for another one (even when sometimes it's better-paid). Am I right?

Teh European thing

I'm a sheep ... and I want a check

:faint:

1. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately 43.6 million (14.3%) Americans were living in absolute poverty in 2009, up from 39.8 million (13.2%) in 2008.
2. Most Americans (58.5%) will spend at least one year below the poverty line at some point between ages 25 and 75.

I love being a sheep. I'm sure 43 million of your OWN people (I'm not talking about illegal alliens) would like be a sheep too.

PS: and I tell you this liking the States a lot, but to Caesar what is Caesar's.

I see your point, but let me ask you something.

Which is the idea of become an entrepreneur? Win money and improve your quality of life, isn't it? Yours and your family (friends, country, etc, etc) quality of life.

I see your point, and I know what you are talking about, you are right it depends on how you see the world.

But I don't understand what means "break out of the mold". I don't understand the idea you want to show (it's not a problem with the language).

If I'm right, you prefer work for yourself (even when it's harder) that works for another one (even when sometimes it's better-paid). Am I right?

Being an entrepreneur is much more than making money. Making money is just a side effect.

It's about identifying and fulfilling needs by seeing the world a little differently than everyone else. Strangely enough, it's not about risk taking either. Entrepreneurs hedge their bets with their own insight and hard work to make sure they aren't at tremendous risk either.

:faint:

1. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately 43.6 million (14.3%) Americans were living in absolute poverty in 2009, up from 39.8 million (13.2%) in 2008.
2. Most Americans (58.5%) will spend at least one year below the poverty line at some point between ages 25 and 75.

I love being a sheep. I'm sure 43 million of your OWN people (I'm not talking about illegal alliens) would like be a sheep too.

PS: and I tell you this liking the States a lot, but to Caesar what is Caesar's.

What your statistics fail to show is that our "poor" have cell phones, flat-screen TVs and fairly decent automobiles.

Top Bottom