Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing w/heavy bag good cardio?

tempest2003

hey all, traiing myself to box, using this as my cardio 3-4x a week on top of my 4x a week lifting routine. i spend about 20mins till im pouring with sweat. is this good cardio? looking to get cut mostly while adding some muscle with prop

If you are a newbie its great, but if you previously boxed, then added 40lbs of muscle, its really hard on the joints ( elbows, wrists, shoulders ).

I use the HB and speed bag almost every day for cardio, its not tuff on my joints and i burn a shit load of cals. Make sure your hitting the bag right tho, you can mess yerself up just being wild and throwing haymakers as a noob~

Maffiosa said:
I use the HB and speed bag almost every day for cardio, its not tuff on my joints and i burn a shit load of cals. Make sure your hitting the bag right tho, you can mess yerself up just being wild and throwing haymakers as a noob~

If its not tough on your joints you probably younger than 30 or dont have a lot of punching power.

right now im working more on technique so im putting some umph into it but im not going full force every blow, more working on accuracy and technique like i said than anything, ive read lots about people injuring themself's using the heavy bag, last thing i want to do! thanks all

I work the heavy bag 2-3x/week and love it. Be sure and get some hand wraps and good bag gloves so you don't mess up your hands. I also incorporate "burpee" intervals into my training. They're kind of like a squat thrust with an added jump from the squat position. Great HIIT mixing them in with bag intervals.

Top Bottom