Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Basketball starts soon...

CoolColJ said:

why? Your already running around and jumping enough in practise and games as is

coolcolj, i found that the ones i explained really helped me in the season. it made my first step explosive.
maybe me but it work for me so.
i think a couple of sets for each foot a week wouldnt hurt.

CoolColJ said:

why? Your already running around and jumping enough in practise and games as is

Cool is on the money. Here a few basic guidelines for you young guys to follow.

(1) Use the preseason to build and prepare for the upcoming season. Preason for basketball players runs from the end of a season up until the beginning of the next season. March to October. Nutrition, sport specific training, & rest are your priorities.
(2) Use sport specific movements while training aerobically & while weight training. Do you have a trainer @ your school? If you don't and you have trouble finding info, PM me.
(3) Training during basketball season is strictly for a "keeping gains" purpose. It is extremely difficult to gain muscle during a season due to the incredible amount of cardio.
(4) Stretch in the morning after a shower.
(5) Stretch @ night after a shower.
(6) Do you use any 1 on 1 offensive/defensive drills? You can do them pre and during season. Without these drills, your careers will be limited.
Ballhandling, shooting, passing , & defensive drills can all be done in an hour. This does not include practice. This alone will not make you a great basketball player. The drills will make you a fundamental wonder and you will not make mistakes.

thanks polishhammer... also, i have somewhat bad patella tendonitis. do you guys know of any thing I could do or take to strengthen them so they won't rupture in mid season??? and no, i'm not going to take time off, i've been resting since mid september, and they still aren't better... my plan is to just live through the pain for the next 6 or 7 months untill high school and AAU is over

Meg,
Ohhh. I remember patella tendonitis, all too well. The only thing you can really do is stay off it as much as you can. Treatment will only go so far (R.I.C.E., Electro-Stim, Ultrasound). But it may help.

You had tendonitis too??? It sucks, I've had it since the end of last high school basketball season and couldn't play AAU. I'm trying to take a shitload of ibuprofen right now... 2400 mg daily. Taping, braces, all that crap doesn't work for me.

BTW, my name is Jake, not meg :)

megad said:
You had tendonitis too??? It sucks, I've had it since the end of last high school basketball season and couldn't play AAU. I'm trying to take a shitload of ibuprofen right now... 2400 mg daily. Taping, braces, all that crap doesn't work for me.

BTW, my name is Jake, not meg :)

Ok Jake, fair enough big man. I was abbreviating your name here on Elite.
I had a case of the P.Tinitis. Not fun. Remember the movie "Platoon", sergeant Barnes? "Take the pain, take the pain". That's exactly what I did. It was so bad sometimes I had to sit out of practices my senior year. My teammates hated me at times because I would play games and drop ridiculous numbers without practicing. lol. Some guys can do it, some guys can't. I can. lol.
Easy on that ibuprofen, damn. Remember that your stomach needs to live too. I always implemented the NO-TAPE rule as well. I felt it was all mental to me (tape & braces). I thought if I wore a brace, a coach wouldn't want me to play because I am admitting an injury. Maybe it isn't but I convinced myself that it was. PM me if you like and I would be happy to help you in any way that I can.

Hammer

Top Bottom