Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Barry Bonds

Flat out, steroids do help performance on the baseball field. THey help your vision, your recovery, your strength, everything. THey may not hit the baseball for you, but if you have more bat speed, which steroids can help, you can wait longer a pitch and have more time to react.

Regardless, Barry Bonds IS an ass. I'm not talking his guardedness with the media, I'm talking ALL the things he's done to his friends, acquaintences, etc. There are SO many instances you wouldn't believe. I used to be a HUGE Bonds supporter, but when you hear story after story and talk to people that have had personal run-ins with the guy, it's clear he's a jerk. He absolutely shit on Sheffield so many times that Gary said forget it, I don't even want to be around the guy. If he was just guarded with the media, that's fine. I have no problems with that, but there's a reason why is like that. Behind that, he has no class towards anybody that has been close to him.

Steroids may not completely create an amazing baseball player by themselves, but you can turn a "good" baseball player into a "great" one.

Why do you think Bonds was basically just a "good" player for so many years??? Him and Bobby Bonilla on the Pirates anyone? They were good, but not greatness.

Then....all of the sudden, almost TEN years older mind you,.....he became amazing!!! :rolleyes:

Experience does make you better....but not THAT much better lol.

Kind of like the fact that Ken Caminiti really only had TWO really good seasons....all his other ones, just average.

Bonds is a chump and is indeed an ASS. Its not just the media that portrays him that way. Teammates and peers shine him in that light as well.

And him being the greatest hitter ever?? Um, NO.

Thats like saying E.Smith was the greatest running back ever. :rolleyes:

I agree entirely with the last post except the "good" hitter part. Bonds was always one of the top hitters in the game. Regardless, you don't just, at the age of 37, gain that much muscle mass, batspeed, and suddenly are unstoppable out of the blue. It's possible, but I don't buy it.

not_big_enuf said:
Flat out, steroids do help performance on the baseball field. THey help your vision, your recovery, your strength, everything. THey may not hit the baseball for you, but if you have more bat speed, which steroids can help, you can wait longer a pitch and have more time to react.

Regardless, Barry Bonds IS an ass. I'm not talking his guardedness with the media, I'm talking ALL the things he's done to his friends, acquaintences, etc. There are SO many instances you wouldn't believe. I used to be a HUGE Bonds supporter, but when you hear story after story and talk to people that have had personal run-ins with the guy, it's clear he's a jerk. He absolutely shit on Sheffield so many times that Gary said forget it, I don't even want to be around the guy. If he was just guarded with the media, that's fine. I have no problems with that, but there's a reason why is like that. Behind that, he has no class towards anybody that has been close to him.

This is for both you and Jstrick.

The list of people whom bonds has "wronged" is a very short one, if "wronged" is the right word.
BB is very good to his people. he really takes care of them.
it is my experience that people come to expect things from rich, important, high profile people -- they come to expect things that are unreasonable. many end up living vicariously through the r., i., h.p.p. or simply want what they don't have. pretty crazy.

for someone to talk about ALL the things BB's done to his friends, acquaintences, etc, and that there are SO many instances of such, i have to believe that neither of you have even met bb.

Now, barry does things his own way. and he IS very guarded. but for someone to say that he treats people badly does not know what is going on.

As far as the comments regarding sheffield: don't forget, sheffield went to the press. when bb was asked about it he said "no comment". after being pressed he said "i wish gary all the best" (or words very similar). does this sound like an ass?

and barry is classless? please. maybe if barry advertised all the kids' organizations he assists/funds. or how he goes to hospitals, unannounced, and sits with kids he has never ever met before and tries to cheer them up. i'm talking cancer patients, man.

classless? hell, he every now and then got behind the counter of a small business in redwood city that he used to have and ring up donuts. haha.

having class, to me, is having humility, manners and style. class is not hanging out laundry for all to see. (talk with gary sheffield about this one.)

You two, have clearly never met Barry Bonds.

Wow, I have never met Barry......and I care why?

Its my opinion and I am pretty sure I can toss it around all I like.

Barry comes off as an ass from a very simple definition. The fact that he was blatantly lying about everything he was doing, then getting really pist off at people who kept asking him. That makes him an ass in at least some form. Sorry, just works that way for me.

Its the same reasons that Sammy Sosa is an ass in my opinion. He got called out because he kept talking the big talk.....then got pist off as all hell that he was called out. It just doesn't work that way.....if you are trying to not look like an ass.

The only reason Bonds was in the hospital visiting kids was so he could pick up that months supply and the kids happened to see him lol

Sorry, had to say it....

Jake

Cool...Just wanted to see where your opinion was coming from. Barry could care less what he is percieved like in the public eye or the media. He has his priorities completely in line, and pleasing you or anybody else that is not within his circle of friends or family is not even on the list. Your opinion is merely media based and shallow.

with or without steroids bonds is the best hitter ever by far.. take competition in the ruth arron mays etc era.. and compare it to now.. its not even close..

phaded said:
with or without steroids bonds is the best hitter ever by far.. take competition in the ruth arron mays etc era.. and compare it to now.. its not even close..

Um.....WOW :rolleyes:

Theedge1 said:
Cool...Just wanted to see where your opinion was coming from. Barry could care less what he is percieved like in the public eye or the media. He has his priorities completely in line, and pleasing you or anybody else that is not within his circle of friends or family is not even on the list. Your opinion is merely media based and shallow.

Sorry that my opinion is media based.....Barry has yet to return my emails and I will be damned if he replies to me letters lol

What else am I supposed to base it on?

Seriously, I am unsure how Barry can walk around cool and calm with you tonguin his ass like this. Is he like a personal friend? It seems like you REALLY REALLY want someone to ask about it so there you go. Tell us how that one time YOU were the guy that gave him the mint as he left the bathroom that one special day......

Jake

i'm sorry j strick but if you were pummeled by the media every fucking day about every little fucking thing going on in your life i think it would get old.. which it has to bonds.. and some people are just born assholes i believe the best baseball player to ever live has the right to be however he wants to be..

Top Bottom