Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Australian girl facing Indoneisan death sentence for POT

the whole point of the matter is that the majority of the circumstance points at her being innocent!

c'mon, man. what circumstance points to her innocence? her statement denying it was hers? when i still practiced a lot of criminal law damn near all of my clients told me they were innocent. that didn't make it so.

it's all politics

Those savages love executing foreigners.

In 1997, the Indonesian government added the death penalty as a punishment for those convicted of drugs in their country. The law has yet to be enforced on any significant, well established drug dealers. Rather, the trend has been to execute unknown, first time, alleged drug traffickers like Corby, who don't have a significant amount of money to bribe the authorities to set them free.

If you know something about ancient Chinese philosophy. When people are ruled by an Iron Fist and the Laws are enforced with an Iron Fist, then the people who do not agree with the laws instead become more conniving, instead of respectfully obeying those laws.

Example in USA would have been when alcohol become illegal. People still drank. People did not obey. Instead they became more conniving.

fistfullofsteel said:
If you know something about ancient Chinese philosophy. When people are ruled by an Iron Fist and the Laws are enforced with an Iron Fist, then the people who do not agree with the laws instead become more conniving, instead of respectfully obeying those laws.

Example in USA would have been when alcohol become illegal. People still drank. People did not obey. Instead they became more conniving.

Today's modern US drug laws point to that as well. Today's drug dealer in the US often has a sophisticated communications network and plenty of weapons and resources.

One need not know Confucius to know that laws are arbitrary lines in the sand.

Gambino said:
micheal faye got off easy

singapore. a great criminal justice system. seriously. number of violent crimes is, per capita, a fraction of ours

they should have whacked that little prick with more than a cane. OFF WITH HIS HEAD

If it wasn't hers, I feel very sorry for her and her family.. must be scary as hell. And the media attention sometimes makes matters worse....

But if it IS hers, she is some kind of idiot. I still wouldn't want to see her die for it, but you have to be absolutely insane to mess with laws in another country like that...

Ever see that movie "Return to Paradise"? Exact same situation..based on a real story .. really makes you think.

Top Bottom