Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Australian girl facing Indoneisan death sentence for POT

SoreArms said:
even if she's not, death is a harsh sentence for weed
thats a whole shit load of weed bud, you know that, and their laws over there are a lot harsher than those in the US, some countries think we are barbaric for having the death penalty here, do you think that? (awaiting your "no" answer)
p.s. why the hell am i posting in anything that could be deemed a political thread

The most bizarre part is that pot is significantly cheaper in Indonesia than in Australia .

No one would import it. It makes no sense. I think that is why, hammy, most people are assuming she is innocent.

Oddly, Indonesia's tourism industry is going to get creamed. Then again, it's a Muslim country, so, this sort of shit is to be expected.

i don't see all you people who are complaining lining up to support foreign nationals in this country who are on death row. different countries, different laws. she knew the risks.

MattTheSkywalker said:
The most bizarre part is that pot is significantly cheaper in Indonesia than in Australia .

No one would import it. It makes no sense. I think that is why, hammy, most people are assuming she is innocent.

Oddly, Indonesia's tourism industry is going to get creamed. Then again, it's a Muslim country, so, this sort of shit is to be expected.
why would drugs be cheaper in indonesia if you get the death penalty for selling drugs there? you would think harsh penalties like this would make drugs scarce there and make them much more expensive to buy since the supply would be low

hamstershaver said:
why would drugs be cheaper in indonesia if you get the death penalty for selling drugs there? you would think harsh penalties like this would make drugs scarce there and make them much more expensive to buy since the supply would be low

Read the article:

For one, marijuana tends to be smuggled out of Bali, rather than into Bali because the prices for cannabis in Bali are much lower than the prices for cannabis in Australia. Even the head of the police investigation, Lieutenant-Colonel Bambang Sugiarto, ageed that it is unprecedented for anyone to smuggle marijuana into Bali from Australia.

The cop said this is unheard of.

Stop seeing the world through American eyes:

In 1997, the Indonesian government added the death penalty as a punishment for those convicted of drugs in their country. The law has yet to be enforced on any significant, well established drug dealers. Rather, the trend has been to execute unknown, first time, alleged drug traffickers like Corby, who don't have a significant amount of money to bribe the authorities to set them free.

The Wenis said:
i don't see all you people who are complaining lining up to support foreign nationals in this country who are on death row. different countries, different laws. she knew the risks.

The machinations of justice in the US, while imperfect and sometimes downright WRONG, are superior to those in Indonesia, where corruption and Islamic law rule the day.

I know that you know this.

I would support the release of any foreign national in the US who is unjustly accused. And I think the enemy combatant nonsense in Cuba is exactly that.

ummm lets see here. Foreign nationals that are on death row in this country basically had to have killed or attempted to kill people or commited an act of terrorism. In this case they deserve death because thats exactly what they were dishing out.

I fail to see how being in possesion of a substance that shouldn't even be labled a drug seeing how things like alchohol are much more dangerous yet legal warrants death by fucking Firing squad in any way shape or form. If she had killed someone or done something heinous then by all means let them but the fact is she did not untop of shaky evidence at best

if i were in a muslim country i wouldn't even steal a pack of gum b/c they would cut off my hand. i know their laws are out of whack and i don't care b/c it's not my country

if she intentionally broke their laws, fuck her

i feel no pity for idiocy

Top Bottom