Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

athlete salaries

SPORT SCIENTIST said:
No, they are highly skilled sportsmen - It's just that in my opinion most track and field is pure athleticism (mostly requiring no equipment)
The top track athletes train harder than other sports, with there being an incredibly fine line between success and failure. Whats more they don't get paid anywhere near as much, and have to be 100% dedicated in order to succeed. What's more, only the very highest echelon of track/field athletes make a lot of money, meaning that most do it for the sense of achievement- something that is missing in a lot of professional sportsmen, who are often motivated by money, women and sometimes illicit drugs. Track athletes have to be 100% disciplined in order to succeed - not like some other sports, where the athletes throw a hissy fit over being dropped, or argue with their coaches.

come watch preseason nfl practice and tell me who trains harder..

Phaded said:
lebron james is the biggest media hype ever.... i was thinking he was gonna be as good as jordan but no one will ever come close to jordans skills

Wilt Chamberlian averaged 50/26 in 1961...just something to think about. Oscar Robertson averaged 30/12/11 that same season. Just something to think about.

I still can't believe you people are drinking bottle of cough syrup for DXM. There's so much other in that that causes neusea and many other awful (and sometimes dangerous) side-effects. You can find instructions to extract and filter almost pure DXM.

CrazyRussian said:
Wilt Chamberlian averaged 50/26 in 1961...just something to think about. Oscar Robertson averaged 30/12/11 that same season. Just something to think about.

the rules were also different back then.. they didn't even have a fucking 3 second rule.. and 2nd the competition back then was fucking horrible.. with that being said no one will ever be as good as jordan.. 31 career average vs good competition.. inclusive to his average are his 2 horrible seasons on the wizards..

Roberston averaged 26/8/10 for his career
Wilt averaged 30/22/4 for his career
Jordan Averaged 30/6/5

From a PURELY statistical POV, Robertson and Wilt both had better careers. Also, the statement that Jordan had MUCH better competition is, IMHO, not fully true. Nowadays, a player who plays DEFENSE is seen as a luxury...same thing with a player who can actually shoot the ball any good. Back then, the game was much more skill-oriented, and people generally defended better.

lets see more athleticism now.. better training regimine's better coaches more knowledge of the game.. also back then 75% of the nba was fucking white that was around the time that african americans were still having a hard time living in the us with racism etc.. if you notice now.. the entire nba is almost all black people the entire nfl is almost all black people.. with that being said.. what a video of bob cousy and try and tell me he back then was as good as steve nash is now.. you need to get a clue..

OK dude first of all I think we can do without the personal attacks...

So, you're saying that the NBA is "better" now because it has more athleticism? Who gives a shit about athleticism. Stromile Swift is perhaps the most athletic player in the league, what's he done? I'd take a player with good fundamentals and defense (ie Peja, Nash, Duncan, Ray Allen, etc) over an athletic freak (ie the ten billion players that jump from high school straight to the pros) any day.

Your point about the NBA having more black people is correct...however, I fail to see how it proves that the NBA today is better than the NBA of old.

Better coachers and more knowledge of the game? RIIIIIGHT. You think Steve Francis has the same "knowledge of the game" as Rick Barry? You think T-Mac has the same "knowldege of the game" as Larry Bird? You're kidding yourself.

Top Bottom