Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

athlete salaries

lol...track athletes work harder then football players...

what a load of crap...now i have heard it all. The only crybabies are those skimpy 800m quarter squat mofos who have to miss a race because they 'pulled' their hammie.

Sebass67 said:

what a load of crap...now i have heard it all. The only crybabies are those skimpy 800m quarter squat mofos who have to miss a race because they 'pulled' their hammie.
-

You have to admit that you can get away with a less than 100% effort in US football, and other team sports
- not so in athletics, rowing, tennis or other individual sports, where the margin between success and failure is so small.

To be the fastest man in the world over 800m to me is much more of an achievement than being the leading runing back in the NFL
- don't play US football, but have played rugby for years.

Your last comment is daft.

Sebass67 said:

-

You have to admit that you can get away with a less than 100% effort in US football, and other team sports
- not so in athletics, rowing, tennis or other individual sports, where the margin between success and failure is so small.

To be the fastest man in the world over 800m to me is much more of an achievement than being the leading runing back in the NFL
- don't play US football, but have played rugby for years.

Your last comment is daft - Jonathon Edwards was a 70kg man, who could clean 160kg

CrazyRussian said:
OK dude first of all I think we can do without the personal attacks...

So, you're saying that the NBA is "better" now because it has more athleticism? Who gives a shit about athleticism. Stromile Swift is perhaps the most athletic player in the league, what's he done? I'd take a player with good fundamentals and defense (ie Peja, Nash, Duncan, Ray Allen, etc) over an athletic freak (ie the ten billion players that jump from high school straight to the pros) any day.

Your point about the NBA having more black people is correct...however, I fail to see how it proves that the NBA today is better than the NBA of old.

Better coachers and more knowledge of the game? RIIIIIGHT. You think Steve Francis has the same "knowledge of the game" as Rick Barry? You think T-Mac has the same "knowldege of the game" as Larry Bird? You're kidding yourself.

do you think rick barry and larry bird played games vs wilt chamberlain and oscar robertson.. maybe they did they were prob. 10 years old at the time playing in the nba cause any garbage ass player could get into the nba.. i bet a good college team now would crush all the teams of the era you think is so great..

and stromile swift is about as athletic as kenny rogers.. lebron james is by far the most athletic player in the league..

L. James i awesome. NBA has been Shit since Jordan retired. its good to see the nba of late 80's coming back. running 'n gunning, a lot of fun to watch. even though im not much of a fan until about the semi-finals.......when the big boys start playing.

Top Bottom