Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

athlete salaries

Bor,

Consider the "asses in the seats" test.

Anyone who puts asses in the seats will get paid big bucks. That's how it works. That's capitalism.

Did you bitch when the cast of Friends was making $1M per episode per actor?

Does it bother you that Oprah Winfrey makes more more every year than the entire payroll of any pro team?

These people put asses in the seats.

If you can do that, you can make the same money.

If it bothers you, don't watch / go.

considering the very small percentage of people skilled enough to make it to that level, I think they deserve, why let some rich white dude owners get all the money, more power to the athletes!

hamstershaver said:
same could be said for actors/actress or ceos, its all about how much $$$$$ they bring in for their services, whats tom cruise make now? at least 20 mil a film plus royalties im sure, and it only takes him about 4 months to make a film

His movies to date have grossed over a 1.4 billion dollars. he gets whatever he wants. thats fine by me.

He is still short.

Its way out of control........One of the reasons i think america has many people that dont like us. the "normal" america lives a VERY lavish life comapred to the rest of the world. i see so many Benz,phorshe,hummers,vettes,ferraris,lambos is not even funny i am looking out the windo of the hotel that i work at and across the street is really about 400-800 properity's that are a 1mill+ (camelback mtn)AZ the rest of the world looks at that and think its disgusting and in a way it is. People will tell you that they have "worked for it" LOL what joke.

All pro sports should have a salary cap of 8million a yr

that is enough to live on for fuck sake

oh and then maby for familys would go to game's would not have to charge so much for 9$beer.

I would much reather watch people that wanted to play

ChefWide said:
His movies to date have grossed over a 1.4 billion dollars. he gets whatever he wants. thats fine by me.

He is still short.
where is that article that said he will make a quarter billion from his salary + backend deal for War of the Worlds, unbelievable.

and chef if he weren't short he'd never be where he is today it is what gives him his drive :lmao:

If you think they are overpaid (regardless of who "they" are), vote with your $$$ and don't go or watch the games (or buy the merchandise). Capitalism is super-cool that way. Every single one of those green pieces of paper in your wallet is a vote.

So, if the athletes are overpaid ... what about the rich business asshole billionaires that buy the teams deserve keeping all that revenue instead? If and NFL team pulls in 2 billion dollars in profit, that profit is mostly gained through the talent and sportsmanship of the players and coaching staff. The people didn't show up, buy tickets, etc, because they support the owner or group of owners. They support the players and the people that make the game what it is, and thats not directly the fat cats up in the box seats.

To me, morally the athletes should get a majority of the profits. They should get an agreed upon salary, representing an investment by the team, then if they have a really good season at the end of the year they should get bonuses that offset the profits of the team as a whole.

I'm not saying the owners, investors, or whoever do not deserve a good share of money for their 'investment' but they should not walk away with a huge percentage of the profits when the players receive a much smaller ammount.

These guys can draw $300 million a year to the city and the team.

How much can you draw? How much money can other people make off of you?

*value* and *worth* are loaded questions.

A police officer or doctor, in society's eyes, is obviously more _valuable_ than a burger king employee.

but a top-notch basketball player is obvioulys _worth_ more than all of them cuz millions will pay millions to go see him shoot some balls.

Athletes generate HUNDERDS OF MILLIONS of dollars a year for their employer. This is why they are payed TENS OF MILLIONS a year.

Doctors, policemen, etc., while more valuable to society, generate nothing close to that amount for their employer. Therefore, they are payed less. Stop complaining, communist

Top Bottom