Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody have any interesting pro-bodybuilder run ins?

Yeah...back in 1991 I met Kathy Butler who was a pro bodybuilder (female) and she was freakin huge. Me and my buddy talked to her and all was cool. She started working out and did squats until she literally pissed her pants. She was a total freak.

I've been bodybuilding since I was a little kid in the 60's and by the time I got heavily involved in the industry I thought of a lot of bodybuilders as lunkheads and I had a deep respect for the science guys. After meeting most everyone in the business my opinion has completely switched around. Most the pros were cool guys (a few aren't but it'd be unprofessional to say who) and most of the science guys are major league assholes.

There are exceptions to every rule of course.

I did an interview with Craig Titus about a year before the murders. I can't listen to that one. Too creepy.

levi8599 said:
met jay cutler at a gnc one time on cali back in jan. not that interesting but man that guy is one big mofo

Really? I met Jay Cuttler last December spent about 45 minutes talking him. He was at an opening of new health food chain.(I was the first one there) He was very cool and down to earth.(very interesting talk) Jay's cool in my book nothing but good things to say. Oh yea this is fucking FUNNY... you bros should see how regular non-bodybuilding people look and walk around him! They act like hes gana jump up and rip their heads off! Almost like there is a 10 foot force field around him, its just strange! In a way after watching that I kind of felt sorry for him because that shit has to get old.

Met Lee Haney back in 1990 in Detroit Michigan. I understand Lee has turned to god now and is real cool now but he was a BASTARD to me. I got a picture with him then I took one with him and my buddy then I asked Lee if I could have another picture with him because I know I had a real stupid look on my face and he said "Go away kid you got nuf of Lee already" he was not busy, no one was waiting to talk to him he was just sitting there. I was 18 and he was one of my heros back then and he smashed that.(The kind of shit movies are made of.) If your reading this Lee you broke a kids heart!!!

Had lunch with Troy Alves about 8 months ago in a Sushi bar in Arizona. Sat at bar with him and started talking about everything but bodybuilding, we did get on the topic and I told him my Lee story and he laughed his ass off! Troy took 15th in Mr.O 2006 and I must say the day I seen him in person he was awesome to say the least and all around great guy. Puts his family and love for his wife before everything. Cool bro!

I pumped a lot of paws of pros but these are my 3 that I spent time with.

BigGuyPHX

I sat Next to Roland Kickinger

He was ON but barely bulked up enough for a comp Still large by Any means.

702daswoll1 said:
I have had a few but the most memorable was when I walked into my neighbors house when I used to live in Las Vegas and Dorian Yates, Chris Cormier and Dennis Newman were sitting on his couch. My boy looked at me and said "can you get us a half ounce of cola"? I said sure but first I would like to meet Mr. Olympia if you dont mind.. We kicked it for about an hour and made plans to meet up later that night at a club called "Drais" in Las Vegas.
So later at Drais we were all VIP'd up and chillin at our table and Dorian looks at me and says "want to smoke a joint"? I said sure and he pulled out a blunt right in the middle of the club and lit it up. That whole night was like a fucking dream. I had worshipped these guys and finally got a chance to meet them..

About a year later I met Nasser El Sonbatty at a Gold's Gym.. He was getting out of a cab and fell flat on his ass.. It was absolutely hilarious...

They are all really good dudes and love to party their asses off. Especially Cormier and Dorian... Crazy mofo's

Anybody else have some good stories about pros? Past or present... When I lived in Vegas I got to meet so many BB'ers. Shawn Ray, Paul Dillet, Cormier, Newman, King Dorian, Nasser and a few others I cant remember..

I have tons of stories. Traveled many areas and met many of the greatest bodybuilders ever.

justinjones1963 said:
Yeah...back in 1991 I met Kathy Butler who was a pro bodybuilder (female) and she was freakin huge. Me and my buddy talked to her and all was cool. She started working out and did squats until she literally pissed her pants. She was a total freak.

My kinda woman. Could you pass her number on to me?

I have been out clubbing with Eddie Abbew and his GF, Carmen Knight, who is also a IFBB pro figure competitor a couple of times. (making his Olympia debut this year).

Iris Kyle has fed me :)

Pic of Eddie, Carmen and I watching a UKBFF qualifier

x
x
x

T

worked out in clearwater next to eddie robbinson
(early 90's pro) 5'8 with 20 inch guns he still has his pro card but doubt he will ever step on stage anymore

Saw Big lou at a expo in orlando . he was wearning big boots and stood prob 6'8 he seemed larger then life. he looked over at me i was staring ,he turned away i looked at him again he looked at me ,the third time he was prob like why is this fucking homo looking at me!
I was just to intimidated to even say anything or get a picture my god he just seemed like a super human freak.

Top Bottom