Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any endurance athletes out there?

anyone know of any other discuccion groups that deal with endurance enhancement?

Also been doin some research an there many studies this year that show couple grams of l- carnitine + acetly l carnitine boost endurance. do a search on pubmed

hey guys,

The states RR this year suprised me. The race was like 110 miles and the course was hard. The climbs were tough, which everybody expected ,but the winds were brutal, and actually played a bigger part in the outcome than I expected.
There were attacks from the gun. A group got away, and the field got shredded. Webcor and Team Zombies did a really good job, and due to the winds and other factors, the group stayed away. Needless to say, I missed the break ( I was sure it wasn't going to stay away. Boy, was I wrong!!!)
Thats probably a little more than you were lookin for. Sorry.
Overall, it was a really fun race and I had a blast. I will try to avenge my loss in the seven race CAL CUP series in august. Draco

Endurance Supps

Inositol hexakisphosphate acts as al allosteric protein modifier of hemoglobin very similar to 2,3 diphosphoglycerate (2,3 DPG). What this means is that it lowers hemoglobins affinity for oxygen once it has been oxygenated. this results in an increased release of oxygen to working tissues. At any given moment only about 25% of the oxygen bound to hemoglobin is released to tissues. There is a huge untapped reserve of oxygen that is waiting to be used. this is where allosteric modifiers can be very useful to an athlete. The way this would be used would be to take a gram or maybe two by IM injetion of pure inositol hexakisphosphate 3 to 4 hours before competition.

J Inorg Biochem 1993 Jun;50(4):263-72 Related Articles, Books, LinkOut

Cooperative effect of inositol hexakisphosphate, bezafibrate, and clofibric acid on the spectroscopic properties of the nitric oxide derivative of ferrous human hemoglobin.

Ascenzi P, Bertollini A, Coletta M, Desideri A, Giardina B, Polizio F, Santucci R, Scatena R, Amiconi G.

Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, University of Turin, Italy.

The cooperative effect of inositol hexakisphosphate (IHP), bezafibrate (BZF), and clofibric acid (CFA) on the spectroscopic (EPR and absorbance) properties of the nitric oxide derivative of ferrous human hemoglobin (HbNO) has been investigated quantitatively. In the presence of IHP, BZF, and CFA, the X-band EPR spectra and the absorption spectra in the Soret region of HbNO display the same basic characteristics described in the presence of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DPG), which have been attributed to a low affinity conformation of the tetramer. Addition to HbNO of two allosteric effectors together (such as IHP and BZF, or IHP and CFA) further stabilizes the low affinity conformation of the ligated hemoprotein (i.e., HbNO). Moreover, in the presence of saturating amounts of IHP, the affinity of BZF and CFA for HbNO increases by about fifteenfold. Likewise, in the presence of both IHP and BZF, as well as in IHP and CFA, the oxygen affinity for ferrous human hemoglobin (Hb) is reduced with respect to that observed in the presence of IHP, BZF, or CFA alone, which in turn is lower than that reported in the absence of any allosteric effector. All the data were obtained at pH 7.0 (in 1.0 x 10(-1) M N-[2-hydroxyethyl]-piperazine-N'-[2-ethanesulfonic acid]/NaOH buffer system plus 1.0 x 10(-1) M NaCl), as well as at 100 K and/or 20 degrees C. The results here reported represent clearcut evidence for the cooperative and specific (i.e., functionally relevant) binding of IHP, BZF, and CFA to Hb.

Dichloroacetate

Int J Sports Med 1995 Apr;16(3):167-71

The effects of dichloroacetate on lactate accumulation and endurance in an exercising rat model.

Durkot MJ, De Garavilla L, Caretti D, Francesconi R.

U.S. Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Natick, Massachusetts, USA.

Abstract

Metabolism 1981 Jun;30(6):590-5

Dichloroacetate: effects on exercise endurance in untrained rats.

Schneider SH, Komanicky PM, Goodman MN, Ruderman NB.

Abstract

Am J Physiol 1998 Feb;274(2 Pt 1):E377-80

Muscle acetyl group availability is a major determinant of oxygen deficit in humans during submaximal exercise.

Timmons JA, Gustafsson T, Sundberg CJ, Jansson E, Greenhaff PL.

Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University Medical School, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

Abstract

Pflugers Arch 1993 May;423(3-4):251-4 Related Articles, Books, LinkOut

Effects of dichloroacetate on exercise performance in healthy volunteers.

Ludvik B, Mayer G, Stifter S, Putz D, Barnas U, Graf H.

Department of Nephrology, University of Vienna, Austria

Abstract

There are many more studies to support DCA as an aid to endurance athletes.

vinpocetine: possible ergogenic aid?

: Arzneimittelforschung 1990 Jun;40(6):640-3 Related Articles, Books, LinkOut

Effect of vinpocetine on oxygen release of hemoglobin and erythrocyte organic polyphosphate concentrations in patients with vascular dementia of the Binswanger type.

Tohgi H, Sasaki K, Chiba K, Nozaki Y.

Department of Neurology, Iwate Medical University, Japan.

Oxygen affinity of hemoglobin, erythrocyte 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (DPG) and adenosine triphosphate (ATP) concentrations were compared before and after oral administration of vinpocetine (TCV-3B) (15 mg/d), a primarily vasodilating agent, for three weeks in eight patients with vascular dementia of the Biswanger type which is characterized by diffuse myelin pallor and multiple lacunes in the cerebral white matter. After vinpocetine administration, oxygen affinity of hemoglobin (P50) was significantly increased (26.5 +/- 0.55 to 27.6 +/- 0.62 mmHg; mean and standard deviation, p less than 0.05), red blood cell (RBC) ATP concentrations were significantly increased (846 +/- 168 to 1,158 +/- 130 mumol/l RBC, p less than 0.05), while DPG concentrations were unaltered (4.46 +/- 0.48 to 4.59 +/- 0.57 mmol/l RBC). There was a significant positive correlation between the increase of P50 and the increase of erythrocyte ATP concentrations (r = 0.67, p less than 0.05). The effect of vinpocetine of enhancing oxygen release of hemoglobin may offer an additional benefit to its primary vasodilating action in the treatment of vascular dementia of the Binswanger type due to chronic ischemia.

Top Bottom