Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any endurance athletes out there?

Phosphate loading

Has anyone ever tried this?

Phosphate (phosphate loading)
Fatigue is related to a decline in muscle pH, which inhibits aerobic and anaerobic energy production. Scientists have theorized that buffering metabolic acids might enhance endurance. The main buffers used by the body are bicarbonate and phosphate salts. These buffers also help maintain hydration.

Phosphate taken at dosages of 0.3 g.kg-1 may improve interval sprinting speed and prolonged endurance. 19 For a 150-pound athlete, this is 20 - 60 grams. Since these dosages can cause nausea, athletes are wise to try experiment with it in training before using it in competition.

Six trained triatheletes participated in a double blind study to evaluate the effects of phosphate loading on performance. They ingested either 4 grams per day of sodium phosphate in four divided doses or placebo for 3 days before performing both maximal cycling tests and a 40-km time trial. They continued the dosages an extra day and redid tests to evaluate recovery. All tests were repeated after a 17-day washout period. Phosphate enhanced cycling endurance and raised aerobic threshold (maximum level of intensity at metabolic efficiency). 20

Considering the low cost of sodium phosphate solution, its lack of side effects and proven efficacy, it is a worthwhile ergogenic for endurance.

I've tried phos fuel by twin labs which is available at vitamin stores everywhere. It's one of those small supplements that you may or not notice the difference. The effect wasn't that big enough for me to say that much about it . If your well trained, well rested and you get in a race your motivated for you can often go beyond what you think your capable of. With these factors in mind who can say how much a mild effect supplement like this really was boosting performance. I'd use it again though because it can't hurt and it's fairly cheap. :fro:

road kill said:
ID Animal - Stick around, we need some more opinions on this thread. Genetics yeah, I gain very easy. Not great for endurance sports though. Anyone tried albuterol{inhaler, or pills}, I've used clen but it didn't do much in relation to all the side effects (cramping,headaches, jitteriness - made me hungry as well). Funny that 80% of procyclists are proclaimed asthmatics so they can use albuterol legally while racing. Must be something to it.

All I've been using this year so far is some injectable b12 and some iron supplements, and other vitamins. Feel about as good as I did on gear.

I have exercise induced asthma and use an inhaler w/albuterol. I like it-little kick before the race and I can feel my lungs open up too. I only use when doing races or hard rides. It's way different than clen. Clen has nice added benefits like being slightly anabolic (or at least anti-catabolic) and clen helps cut fat. Albuterol just opens up the aveoli.

I've felt awesome this season. I've dialled in the diet and supplements. I feel great in the races and generally feel good all the time. I'll post my supp routine.

FHG

Giro supplement list

Marco Pantani: insulin
Jan Ullrich: corticosteroids, stimulants and anaesthetics
Jos* Arrieta, Jon Odriozola & Unai Osa: caffeine
Vicente Belda (Kelme team manager): caffeine and diprophiline
Francisco Javier Fernandez: testosterone, steroids
Alvaro Gonzalez de Galdeano: caffeine
Dario Frigo: steroids
Rodriguez Fuentes: cafferine, diprophiline
Hans De Clercq: caffeine
Jose Galilea: caffeine
Jesus Hoyos: caffeine, corticosteroids
Vicente Navarte Izza: caffeine
Pablo Lastras Garcia: caffeine, corticosteroids
David Lasa: caffeine
David Chica Navas: caffeine
Bruno Olivieri: insulin
Julio Alberto Perez Cuapio: caffeine
Stefano Zanini: insulin

I wonder if the caffeine is injectable or pill form like vivarin.

what does that mean "giro supplement list" ? is this what was found on each rider or what was found in their urine? or rumors?

Triguy-there is a good discusion about estrogen and muscle building over at my board.
Sexton-you really should try potasium citrate for lactic acid buffering. The main advantage is that it doesn't upset your stomach and actually works very well, also very cheap but tastes horrible.

triguy - These are the drugs found in their rooms when the heat came down at last years Giro d'Italia.

Last edited:
road kill said:
Giro supplement list

Marco Pantani: insulin
Jan Ullrich: corticosteroids, stimulants and anaesthetics
Jos* Arrieta, Jon Odriozola & Unai Osa: caffeine
Vicente Belda (Kelme team manager): caffeine and diprophiline
Francisco Javier Fernandez: testosterone, steroids
Alvaro Gonzalez de Galdeano: caffeine
Dario Frigo: steroids
Rodriguez Fuentes: cafferine, diprophiline
Hans De Clercq: caffeine
Jose Galilea: caffeine
Jesus Hoyos: caffeine, corticosteroids
Vicente Navarte Izza: caffeine
Pablo Lastras Garcia: caffeine, corticosteroids
David Lasa: caffeine
David Chica Navas: caffeine
Bruno Olivieri: insulin
Julio Alberto Perez Cuapio: caffeine
Stefano Zanini: insulin

I wonder if the caffeine is injectable or pill form like vivarin.

Caffeine could also be suppositories-that's right anal administration of caffeine. The rectum has tons of blood vessels and is a good place for certain substances to be absorbed (insert gay semen joke here).

Frigo actually had some type of topical andro creme or spray. He said he never used it (or the RSR-13 he had too!!)-he just had it for 'insurance' in case he needed to juice to win the Giro. Remember he was close to winning the Giro when busted-I think he was second.

FHG

Oh yeah if it says insulin next to their name they were probably using HGH also. The 2 substances tend to be cycled together.

Last edited:
Found out last night you can buy slin OTC in CA. I asked the pharmacist at the grocery store. They said Humilin-R was available w/o prescription. However you need a script for the pins! But you can get those from your local needle exchange.

FHG

IDANIMAL- give me your opionin on a base training cycle for my greyhound.

also a peak cycle also, or competition cycle whichever you call it.

Top Bottom