Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any endurance athletes out there?

cool

New Wonder Drug Darbepoetin Behind Olympic Scandal
Reuters
Feb 24 2002 7:19PM

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - Darbepoetin, the blood-boosting drug
behind the biggest drugs scandal to hit the Winter Olympics, is estimated
by Australian scientists to be 10 times as powerful as EPO
(erythropoietin).

Three cross-country skiers, including Spain's triple gold medallist Johan
Muehlegg and record-equalling Russian Larisa Lazutina, were expelled
from the Games on Sunday after testing positive in out-of-competition
tests.

According to scientists at the Australian Sports Drugs Agency,
darbepoetin is cheaper than EPO and easily bought on the internet.

The drug, which stimulates the growth of oxygen-carrying red blood cells,
is used to help fight anemia in cancer and kidney disease patients.

Don Catlin, head of the International Olympic Committee doping
laboratory in Salt Lake City, said darbepoetin could help performance in
endurance sports.

"It may also be harmful for the athlete's health because it increases the
viscosity of the blood. It is a substance which can be easily differentiated
from EPO," he said.

"It is an artificial substance which is not produced naturally by the human
body. Therefore its presence in the urine can only have an exogenous
source."

EPO was the drug at the center of the 1998 Tour de France scandal when
several teams walked out of the race after police raids on their hotels.

A combined blood-and-urine test for EPO was introduced at the 2000
Sydney Olympics.

why dont these guys test themselves an see if they would pass or not! test cant cost that much, not as much as losing a gold medal & your rep!!!!!!!

who works with these guys & drugs? themselves,dr's,EF? lololol

Is Clen safe to be taking while racing? I'm at the point now where further dieting makes me lose power and what little muscle I've got. I've been eating around 2200 Kcal/day now since december 28th. I'm at somewhere b/t 11 and 12%, but I'm noticing I steady decline in my performance, especially after I just took a rest week and then I got sick. But overall performance is off the charts compared to last year. I have never been this low this early in the season, and I know I will get a little lower and lose a good bit of muscle once the heat kicks in. Anyhow, since I figured you all might ask that, I won't have a heart attack while racing will I? I was thinking I would just buy a bunch of clen, and just start with one, then keep going until I run out and increase my dose as I go. I'm on Anti-depressants, and that messes with me I think, plus on days I need to really study I pop an Adderall (20 mg) (amphetamine- best shit in the world) I don't think it would be really wise to be on clen too.

Also, I had my blood tested in Jan. before I started adding two more days of intensity and I noticed that my HCT was 44.5% when it's usually around 48% (or at least it was last time I had it tested in August of last year) and it was 47% last June when I was really sick.... What does this mean? Also, my Albumin levels where high again (i wasn't on anything when I was tested). Should I be concerned ?

Racing starts this weekend here for us.... Goodluck all

Thanks,

Rolf

Rolf - If you just had the flu I believe your white blood cell count would surge and red blood cell count would fall resulting in a lower hematocrit. I would imagine it will go back up in the next few weeks. Take the injectable b12 (I seem to remember you buying some in another post) and an iron supplement. Good luck.

Clen is what Abdu tested positive for so it must work ok for some. Normally it will increase cramping and reduce endurance by reducing the glcogen uptake of the muscle. Only way to know for sure is to try it.
You've been on a 2200cal diet for three months and your 12%bf? Do you get tested or are you guessing.
If your feeling weaker as you train more maybe you should hit a bit of juice for recovery. IGF-1 and or HGH will help too on a low cal diet.

Hi all - I am a new member here, 49 years old. Always been somewhat of an endurance athlete. I started distance running in high school (1970). I went through some good racing years since I turned 40, but now it is getting tougher to come back from minor injuries, or just basically recover from training.
A good friend took up triathalons and is doing great in them & also the crosstraining has made him stronger.
I know I need to invest the time to crosstrain now in order to stay on the roads. I would also consider using a mild AS as a recovery aid, but I am concerned about the means of acquiring them.

stooper- deca with an anti-estroge& proviron.

Rolfadog- hematocrit can change drastically by your body's hydration. I hope your not on a constant diet? Keep on a maintenance diet. clen 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off- weeks off use ephed,caffeine,aspirin,yohimbe. Or you could do clen 3 months starting with one tab and adding one every two weeks.

also in a fatigue, sick state your body might produce less rbc's. IMO. If worried about drug interaction theres places online that can tell ya

another one bites the dust

VDB caught with clen, morphine and epo. Seems once you've strapped on the epo engine to yourself you just can't ride without it. I can't believe the carelessness of these athletes. Muehlegg at the Olympics now VDB. Most people on this site are probally more careful with their "supplements" than these guys who are in the glare of the media spotlight.

Stooper, your 49 yrs. old the perfect combo for you would be HGH and some testosterone. For replacement more that anything. Test is so much better that deca and winny.

Top Bottom