Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Packing on Muscle

velvett

Elite Mentor
Platinum
The thread is gone now but if you can't put on between 2-4lb of muscle in a twelve week period (that's 8-16 per year if you can be consistent that long) you're doing something wrong.

I wondered where that thread went as well. I agree with you Vel, b/c from April 05 to my recent pics (Aug 05), I put on some major muscle. I'm talking about going to the store, putting some slabs of meat on each Quad, Lats, Delts, and Glutes....

I was in no way Fat or Full of water as you can see by the pics in my sig. I have never used Steriods and never will. I was ~160 in my sig pic (Aug 05) and from my 1st shoot 145 lbs (April 05).

7 point pinch was 9.8% in August, 1st shoot was only 11-12 % BF.

I cannot back it up with medical journals or alot of case studies, etc. There are my pics, there are the numbers, For me, I know that 15 lbs was not ALL muscle but I totally think M24K Kicked some MAJOR ass! Look at her strength & power?!? Bravo Girl!

You go girl! :heart:

I don't think anyone was meaning that 24K wasn't putting on muscle. I certainly think that she IS, I think the "issue" was the numbers and the short amount of time.

COming off her comp diet, she is apt to gain some muscle of course. Couple that with her strength and determination - of course she gains some muscle. But 8lbs in 3 weeks is quite a bit, in a VERY short amount of time.

Bunny, you had about 5 months to gain muscle - 15lbs in that time, with the right diet, training and genetics is possible. You are talking about 16-20 weeks. That makes sense.

Velvetts numbers are more "normal" and what is expected. 2-4lbs of muscle in 3 months (12 weeks) WITHOUT steroids, is 100% attainable and KEEPABLE. This is why training is a LONG TERM thing, and why people sometimes take a YEAR off comp dieting - to gain max amt of muscle.

Daisy_Girl said:
I don't think anyone was meaning that 24K wasn't putting on muscle. I certainly think that she IS, I think the "issue" was the numbers and the short amount of time.

COming off her comp diet, she is apt to gain some muscle of course. Couple that with her strength and determination - of course she gains some muscle. But 8lbs in 3 weeks is quite a bit, in a VERY short amount of time.

Bunny, you had about 5 months to gain muscle - 15lbs in that time, with the right diet, training and genetics is possible. You are talking about 16-20 weeks. That makes sense.

Velvetts numbers are more "normal" and what is expected. 2-4lbs of muscle in 3 months (12 weeks) WITHOUT steroids, is 100% attainable and KEEPABLE. This is why training is a LONG TERM thing, and why people sometimes take a YEAR off comp dieting - to gain max amt of muscle.
same page ;)

^^Same sentence.

It also depends on the current level of development, basal metabolic rate, and even bodyfat.

Remember - the body is like a radiator.

If the radiator is wrapped in insulation(fat), you wont give off as much heat(burning bodyfat)......so being leaner helps to put on more leanmass, which helps you burn more bodyfat...

its a nice Catch-22

Daisy_Girl said:

Oooooh!! Can't wait to see what I can do with 6 months!! ;)

Daisy_Girl said:

8-16 lbs in a year, really is that attainable without 'assistance'? I'm not saying by any means that you are wrong but im curious. I know for a newbee they will tend to put on muscle quicker. Also age has alot to do with it. So I believe maybe it is possible.

Some pro's that have a hard time holding on the 8-10lbs lbm yearly. I'm guessing that it has to do with the whole cutting process though. Easy to gain but during the process of cutting you tend to lose some of it.

I'd love to add 8-10lbs of LBM a year, my body tends to add it easily but when I cut eats up alot of it.

Wait. 16lbs a year. Clean. Every year?

Ummm... no. Given all the right variables, there is simply no way to maintain that kind of growth curve: that would mean that in 10 years of clean training.... 160lbs of lean mass added?

I am sure that is not what you meant... er... was it?

I guess I should clarify - I didn't mean that you would be able to gain - 8-16 lbs, cut down and maintain that entire gain into the next year. Hell, you could get the flu and find yourself 5 steps backwards from where you started.

So no over the course of 5 years you would not be able to pack on 40-80 lbs - I would think that would be clear that that is not what I meant to most of the most experienced members here but I guess I not.

And yes of course there are variables - body type, time training, eating habits, consistency but by that very same notion to say one can not gain more than 8lbs per year would be held by those very same variables.

I'm friends with sisters, and a few years ago they sought out to train together (one is an avid runner and has been her entire life). You could actually watch the one sister gain mass - she could gain both fat and muscle fairly easily. Now the other sister (the runner) who was more religious at her training and proper eating did not see visible gains but she did reshape what she had which was amazing in itself because everything she worked for she torn back down through running.

So we can debate at great length the basic variables or state whether or not there is a possibilty based on those variables and really confuse and alienate some people who's just busting their ass to achieve some of their personal goals.

I'll go get some coffee and we can talk about muscle fiber types.

:evil:

I started this thread because I don't want anyone that is new or fairly new or returning to the idea of weight lifting to think that they can't achieve certain things.

I also don't want to see people thinking (especially lurkers) that the only way they can achieve their muscle gainning goals is through the use of steriods.

Top Bottom