Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Packing on Muscle

velvett said:
Well the same could be said for cardio and eating clean.

Your body will grow accustomed to both until you find a new way to do the very same thing.

As for Pro - you're talking situation because of their lifestyle and because of their need to look a certain way X amount of the time their ability to accomplish certain goals in a specific way is hindered but even then not impossible providing their natural.

Beating down your body through abusive cutting rituals is merely that, abuse and loss of muscle is your consequence how bad that consequence is is dependant of the very same factors that went into growing those muscles.

But for the masses and not the 4 or 5 women here do compete (and how many Pros do we have here?) shouldn't be lead in a direction that they can't have the body they want without the help of AS.

We are thinking along the same lines. I was thinking about this this morning ... and was going to further explain what I was implying. I was thinking about the concept of "losing fat" and "cutting for a competition". The two are dramatically different.

If someone cuts for a comp, then they will lose muscle. Their keepable gains are less than someone who is just losing fat. When simply losing fat, there is no reason why you cannot keep gains. The typical clean "losing fat" diet is not as stringent, deprived, and restrictive as a comp diet. A comp diet is not ideal for keeping muscle, as we all know.

The vast majority of people here do not compete and therefore, will typically be able to gain muscle, and KEEP the muscle much easier than a person who competes. Obviously, this also depends on diet, training and genetics.

The vast majority of people here do not compete and therefore, will typically be able to gain muscle, and KEEP the muscle much easier than a person who competes. Obviously, this also depends on diet, training and genetics.

The last sentence there is the most accurate. I don't agree that a novice will be able to keep more of their LBM simply because they don't cut like a top competitor. Whatever LBM the competitor loses while cutting will be replaced very quickly post competition and then the competitor will continue gaining beyond where they were at the beginning of the cut. The competitors lean mass set point is higher and it will be much easier for them to add back any lost mass in a shorter time span. In other words the lean mass they lose over 12 weeks still leaves them with more mass than a novice and will be back 6-8 weeks after the competition.

Frisky said:
You CAN have the body you want with out the help of AS.. thats not at all what I'm saying.

Oh I don't mean it like that - I mean well I do but because of how people interpret what they read. ie: magic pill idea (yano?)

velvett said:
Oh I don't mean it like that - I mean well I do but because of how people interpret what they read. ie: magic pill idea (yano?)

magic pills, magic juice.. alot fall for that gig. Its sad when they fail. Truely is.

I've talked to women at the gym that honestly think winny is the solution. It will make them drop bf instantnly. Some guy told them or their bf said so. I'm at the point where i am beating my head against a brick wall explaining that a good clean diet and hard training will do more than winny can ever do for you/ with out the side effects.

Sadly enough its all about a 'short cut' the quick route or the easy way out. When a person realizes there is no easy way, not even liposuction will rid you of all the unwanted fat.. I've witnessed this first hand... then they look for the right way.

I killed myslef last year to gain muscle, then I cut. No not alot of women would go to the extremes i did in short time i did but i calculated my gains both fat and LBM and then when I cut and my losses both fat and LBM and I'm quite disappointed at my numbers. ESP all the hard work and dedication i put in.

I know it happens and I kicked ass those last 6 weeks, I should have started cutting earlier but I didn't which led to prolly even more muscle loss.

So yes, in a nutshell I agree with being able to gain a good amt of muscle if the cards are all in a row. It can be done and it can be done free of AS. :)

I was just seeking info for myself. I am still what I consider a newbee at training/diet and competing. Just sucking up info like a sponge and wringing it out in my little bucket for safe keeping ;)

Frisky said:
I was just seeking info for myself. I am still what I consider a newbee at training/diet and competing. Just sucking up info like a sponge and wringing it out in my little bucket for safe keeping ;)

This is exactly what everyone should be doing. Nobody knows EVERYTHING. Even if you think you found what works for you, there is ALWAYS something to tweak, change, and learn from. If you stop seeking advice and taking advice, then you will stop progressing. In order to change your body, you have to LEARN and EXPERIMENT. :)

velvett said:
I started this thread because I don't want anyone that is new or fairly new or returning to the idea of weight lifting to think that they can't achieve certain things.

I also don't want to see people thinking (especially lurkers) that the only way they can achieve their muscle gainning goals is through the use of steriods.
I get what your say you can make very good gains naturally with consistent training diet and lifting. How ever there is a big factor of genetics and lean mass gains someone with great genetics can make outstanding lean mass gains with out ever supplementing. As for consistently putting on x amount of muscle ever year once again that can be done but eventually you reach your genetic potential then if you want to continue to make gains your only option is supplementation.

Nobody knows EVERYTHING.

I post this all the time. The world's leading researchers do not understand much about how the muscle works. There are certain aspects that are excepted as fact but overall it's not very well understood. If researchers did understand it they would have cured Muscular Dystrophy. But they're not even close.
So train, learn about YOUR body, and eventually you'll look in the mirror and see what you've been after.

Hello Ms. Bunny!
I'm sure others have asked this same question, but do you happen to have a run-down of your diet from beginning to end (now, I'm not asking you to go out of your way and dig up a huge list from months and months) -- but at least a generalization that I can build my own one to follow...? I am just VERY impressed by your "before" and "after" photos. I believe you and I are similar in body types (at least the "before"). I have a personal trainer, and I am doing very well in that Dept, but need all the help I can get to get that "muscle" look! You look FABULOUS! :Perk: Thanks for any help you can provide! ;)

*Bunny* said:
I wondered where that thread went as well. I agree with you Vel, b/c from April 05 to my recent pics (Aug 05), I put on some major muscle. I'm talking about going to the store, putting some slabs of meat on each Quad, Lats, Delts, and Glutes....

I was in no way Fat or Full of water as you can see by the pics in my sig. I have never used Steriods and never will. I was ~160 in my sig pic (Aug 05) and from my 1st shoot 145 lbs (April 05).

7 point pinch was 9.8% in August, 1st shoot was only 11-12 % BF.

I cannot back it up with medical journals or alot of case studies, etc. There are my pics, there are the numbers, For me, I know that 15 lbs was not ALL muscle but I totally think M24K Kicked some MAJOR ass! Look at her strength & power?!? Bravo Girl!

You go girl! :heart:

Oh, by the way...many of you girls have GREAT abs! That is about one of the hardest muscles on a woman to get the 6-pack look. I have great upper abs, but my lower and obliques are what gives me the most trouble. My trainer gives me certain ab exercises, and I do the little ab wheel (which is great)...but what do you guys do for abs? :)

Daisy_Girl said:
I don't think anyone was meaning that 24K wasn't putting on muscle. I certainly think that she IS, I think the "issue" was the numbers and the short amount of time.

COming off her comp diet, she is apt to gain some muscle of course. Couple that with her strength and determination - of course she gains some muscle. But 8lbs in 3 weeks is quite a bit, in a VERY short amount of time.

Bunny, you had about 5 months to gain muscle - 15lbs in that time, with the right diet, training and genetics is possible. You are talking about 16-20 weeks. That makes sense.

Velvetts numbers are more "normal" and what is expected. 2-4lbs of muscle in 3 months (12 weeks) WITHOUT steroids, is 100% attainable and KEEPABLE. This is why training is a LONG TERM thing, and why people sometimes take a YEAR off comp dieting - to gain max amt of muscle.

Bunny,

You look great!! I want to look like you!

Top Bottom