Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Out of the Army

No kidding. But, for me, it had nothing to do with being in the Middle East...it had more to do with hearing the non-stop bullshit coming out of the mouths of those around me.

The Kool-Aid drinking is not just for Democrats, let me tell you...

Just as an example, a good majority of people thought I was some kind of communist pinko, because my political views did not match the talking points coming out from Sarah Palin and Country music songs.

"If youre not with us youre against us"

if you continue in any medical field you'll come to miss "quick clot" the most

We actually didn't use Quick Clot in country; it was too fucking exothermic and people were getting seriously fucked up from it. I had some of the sponges, but I mostly carried Celox in my kit.

really?? must of phased out after I left....

they gotta stop giving waivers for shellfish allergies

I just looked up Celox.....look interesting but limited to what you can wrap it around
I don't know of any civilian ems (though they may) that uses it either

i'm goin on two yrs of being out of even civie ems

edit:
read more..
Celox™ is made with chitosan, a natural polysaccharide. Chitosan has a known metabolic pathway. That means any left in the body is broken down by the bodies normal enzymes and converted into materials normally present in the body.

its the same shit as quick clot, what makes it more thermally stable??? and what made quick clot unstable?

double edit:

nevermind...i see what happened, third gen quick clot is alluminosilicate as opposed to chitosan...they probably tried to get around the shellfish allergy prob

I just looked up Celox.....look interesting but limited to what you can wrap it around
I don't know of any civilian ems (though they may) that uses it either

i'm goin on two yrs of being out of even civie ems

I had zero desire to do EMS work. Deal with HIV+, Hep C carrying, homeless people with tuberculosis, who want to bite, shoot, stab, and infect me? For what? Less than $15/hour? Hah.

I had zero desire to do EMS work. Deal with HIV+, Hep C carrying, homeless people with tuberculosis, who want to bite, shoot, stab, and infect me? For what? Less than $15/hour? Hah.

I left as a medic making a little over 28 an hr with full bennies

but I hear ya about the rest
I actually left because I was tired of being shit on all the time (figuratively) while I was ruining my back and mind trying to help people
I've never been bit or infected at any rate...lol

Top Bottom