Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Isolating boyfriend on steroids - is this normal?

I (30s F) have been with my boyfriend (30s M) for a few years. He recently started a new cycle of TRT and Anavar and his personality has really taken a shift and I'm not sure what to do.
He has done a cycle before but his personality didn't really change last time. This time started out fine but over the last few weeks he is acting like he just wants to be alone and to go to the gym. He has been transparent with telling me how sometimes he feels good and then the next, the smallest thing can make him mad. It has felt like he is shutting me out because he is starting to act like he doesn't even want to talk to me.

I wanted to see if this is "normal" behavior from anyone else who has personally been in a relationship with someone who has done steroids or from someone who has used them as well and have felt like this?

I am trying to educate myself on changes that can happen while taking steroids, but I just genuinely miss spending time with him. I am trying to give him space and be positive, but wasn't sure what else to do.

I am very supportive of him being so driven with the gym and having personal goals for his physique. I am also very into fitness and workout daily, sometime we even go to the gym together. I am not against him using steroids and have no issues with it. I am not trying to be selfish whatsoever, I honestly just miss talking to him and seeing him and just don't know how else to be a good girlfriend right now.

Disclaimer: I am not a needy girlfriend who needs constant communication / validation. We do not live together but would previously spend at least 3-4 days a week together, but now it's hard to see him once a week. We both have busy jobs so used to talk on the phone at least once or twice a day with a few texts in between. Now it is hard to even get one text a day from him. I am also not blowing up his phone because I do not want to annoy him. I just want to know how else I can be supportive even while I miss time with him.

TL;DR: how do I still be a supportive girlfriend with boyfriend isolating from steroid use?
He got another girl. Hate to tell you.

He could just be completely exhausted from training harder and putting so much focus on the gym. Or it could be something else. In the end, the only thing that will get a relationship through tough times is open communication.

I know from my own personal experience when I first begin a cycle or even with trt untill my body and my hormones adjusted my personality was way off balance and I had a faster trigger for irritation. Once they balanced and I adjusted I went back to being my normal self.

Thanks for the continued responses! I have tried talking to him before I made this post, that is when he mentioned he just wants to be alone basically. I am going to see how things progress since he already knows how I feel.

I am getting a mix of either a) he is cheating or b) he really is just drained/ focused / hormones off.

I do appreciate everyone taking the time to reply as I am not very knowledgeable on this but trying to educate myself more.

At the end of the day, I do love him and care about him and want to be supportive of him and understanding. I do have my own needs as well and am trying not to be selfish or insensitive. That is why I wanted to hear other perspectives to see if I just need to be understanding and it's his hormones, or if he really is just wanting to actually push me away.

Thanks for the continued responses! I have tried talking to him before I made this post, that is when he mentioned he just wants to be alone basically. I am going to see how things progress since he already knows how I feel.

I am getting a mix of either a) he is cheating or b) he really is just drained/ focused / hormones off.

I do appreciate everyone taking the time to reply as I am not very knowledgeable on this but trying to educate myself more.

At the end of the day, I do love him and care about him and want to be supportive of him and understanding. I do have my own needs as well and am trying not to be selfish or insensitive. That is why I wanted to hear other perspectives to see if I just need to be understanding and it's his hormones, or if he really is just wanting to actually push me away.
@sunny_yogi first you shouldnt think he's cheating, thats girl logic sister

the mix is B) his hormone situation and he's tired

How about you have you been training with him?

@NurseLulu13 can you comment please? your thoughts

@sunny_yogi would suggest you to give him some time before judging him on the cheating part.......there is a lot going on in life sometimes apart from the cycle......once you get the chance...speak to to him as communication is the key to solve any issue......

Top Bottom