Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carbs vs. Protein % for building mass?

houseofpain

Is there a general rule of thumb for the percentage of carbs vs. the percentage of protein a person should be taking while "on a gear cycle" for gaining the maximum amount of mass?

I've tried doing a cycle while on the Atkins diet and got VERY good results. (Gained 12.5 lean hard pounds that "stayed" on after the cycle was done). I was doing a little over 1 gram per pound of body weight per day. But I was told that if I had introduced some carbs into the training diet I was on, I could have potentially realized even greater gains.

You can see my body type in the avatar. But suffice to say, I'm a hard gainer, and body fat is little or no problem. I'm currently 6' with a weight that fluctuates between 192-197. (I started out at 160 lbs...)

I'd like to break the 200 pound barrier that I can't seem to get past...

if on steroids I suggest a 40/40/20 break down meaning equal % of carbs and protein with protein being 1.5g-2g per pound of LBM.

JavaGuru said:
if on steroids I suggest a 40/40/20 break down meaning equal % of carbs and protein with protein being 1.5g-2g per pound of LBM.

I understand 40% carbs, 40%protein, but what's the extra 20% in your breakdown...?

The 20% is for all the water you take. Only protein carbs and water have calories we all know that.

Consume atleast a gallon a day of saturated fats.

Top Bottom