Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yankees or Red Sox?

all that being said, the sox may beat the shit out of the yanks, but to say the pitching matchups favor the sox is nuts
the sox staff is awful
the only thing that has kept them alive this year is their offense

hamstershaver said:
you have to be a red sox fan to give that assesment
you "trust" wells more tonight to do what? eat a 20 pack of hotdogs and take his 4 and a half era to the mound?
to say johnson/wakefield is an even matchup is insane, i would of thought soklue was talking sports i had to do a double take at the name that posted that
and schilling has been shit this year

and hell no im not a yankee fan either

Red Sox fans have proven time and time again that they have NO CLUE what they are talking about. They have no idea how to be objective.

hamstershaver said:
you have to be a red sox fan to give that assesment
you "trust" wells more tonight to do what? eat a 20 pack of hotdogs and take his 4 and a half era to the mound?
to say johnson/wakefield is an even matchup is insane, i would of thought soklue was talking sports i had to do a double take at the name that posted that
and schilling has been shit this year

and hell no im not a yankee fan either

Johnson isn't the guy he used to be anymore bro. Just talking the facts here.

Wakefield: 16-11, 3.95 ERA
Johnson: 16-8, 3.79 ERA

In September:

Johnson: 3-0, 2.17
Wakefield: 2-1, 1.99

That's pretty even if you ask me. Let's not forget that the two of them pitched against each other in a 1-0 game.

and who the FUCK is Chien-Mien Wang? At least David Wells has a track record in his career and against the Yankees; not to mention he has shut them down twice this year.

Also, f you don't think Sunday's game is a toss-up, you're an idiot.

Cuthbert said:
Johnson isn't the guy he used to be anymore bro. Just talking the facts here.

Wakefield: 16-11, 3.95 ERA
Johnson: 16-8, 3.79 ERA

In September:

Johnson: 3-0, 2.17
Wakefield: 2-1, 1.99

That's pretty even if you ask me. Let's not forget that the two of them pitched against each other in a 1-0 game.

and who the FUCK is Chien-Mien Wang? At least David Wells has a track record in his career and against the Yankees; not to mention he has shut them down twice this year.

Also, f you don't think Sunday's game is a toss-up, you're an idiot.

You must never have seen Wang pitch if you think he is going to crumble under the pressure. Wells can pitch a big game tonight but with his knee you can have a repeat of game 5 '03 WS. Have you see Johnson pitch his last few starts? By your statment you haven't. No one has brought this up Mariano Rivera, take a lead into the ninth game over. The Yankees can hold a lead with thier bullpen in the 8th and 9th innings the Red Sox can't say that. :)

Q-bert.

Don't under estimate Wang. This kid shows no emotion and doesn't get riled up. He reminds me of El Duque when he first came to the Yanks in terms of demeanor. And Johnson has been lights out.

Wakefield scares me though. The Yanks try too hard to hit him instead of just moving up in the box and drilling that knuckler before it drops off the table.

And knowing Schilling, he'll probably pitch another fucking gem like he did 3 wees ago against teh Yanks. Funny how he shits the bed against everyone else though this year.

I say, drill Ortiz everytime in the groin and take your chances with Ziggy Marley. I meant Manny Ramierez.

Yanks win tonite and it's over. Start worrying about Cleveland now.

KillahBee said:
Red Sox fans have proven time and time again that they have NO CLUE what they are talking about. They have no idea how to be objective.

i do, both the Sox and Yankees have holes it is going to come down to pitching, and that can go either way with both of the staffs

bluehen said:
You must never have seen Wang pitch if you think he is going to crumble under the pressure. Wells can pitch a big game tonight but with his knee you can have a repeat of game 5 '03 WS. Have you see Johnson pitch his last few starts? By your statment you haven't. No one has brought this up Mariano Rivera, take a lead into the ninth game over. The Yankees can hold a lead with thier bullpen in the 8th and 9th innings the Red Sox can't say that. :)

I've seen Johnson pitch lately. He's been very good. You obviously haven't seen Wakefield pitch if you say Johnson has been better. Nobody pitches better than these two have in September. Not sure how you can argue with that.

I'm not saying Wang is a bad pitcher; I am going with Wells because he has been there many times before. FWIW he also has a ridiculous record at Fenway park. I'm giving an edge to Wells tonight and calling the other two even. That's why I say the Red Sox have an edge in starting pitching.

KillahBee said:
I am surprised you didn't throw in a "Jeter has gay sex with Arod" message in there.

yOU Noodlekeg...everyone with balls knows Jeter is boinking Venessa from MTV. Arod is having gay sex with Giambi.

Top Bottom