Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Writings of the FOUNDING FATHERS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

SushiX---

I'm not sheltered....I bet I've seen the real world and squalor it contains a helluva alot more than you have.

Now let's clarify something: because the numbers killed by guns has not yet reached the number of those killed in the Holocaust, we don't have a problem with guns?

That makes alot of sense doesn't it? Come on. Think.

Ryan.

Providian said:
The men who wrote those great words were embroiled in the fight to make and keep this country free on the front lines during the time this country was conceived-

Talk by misguided Americans of taking the diplomatic "higher road" in this battle by negotiating and conducting peace talks as a means of displaying a more evolved and humane nation might sound very PC 2001. But in reality, it can only be construed as one thing after such brutal attacks on our nation and way of life- total cowardice and ignorance.Freedom has never in history been attained (or maintained) in such a manner.

Benjamin Franklin said it correctly when he wrote- (paraphrase)-To sacrifice liberty for the sake of safety attains neither.

Providian: I could not have said it better myself.

Chesty: As usual an excellent post.

ryan i bet you have'nt experienced more than i have. i've been out there and i've seen the way the world is.

we dont' have a problem with guns, we have a problem with a failing legal system that can't keep criminals in jail because of this new age liberal agenda that society made them that way and putting them in jail is not the answer. what is the answer, not elinimating guns i tell you. do you own a gun ryan or have you ever? i used to have one til i had to sell it so i could pay my bills. soon as i can i will get another and there aint nothin you libs can do about it. i'll have my gun and my goods when the war begins.

RyanH, first, I did not get those from the NRA website, second, yes I have researched them and if you notice at the end of each quote there is a reference. Ahhh, but wait a minute you would have known that if you had read them.

BTW, not all of the quotes dealt with firearms. And all most certainly dealt with the individual right to freedom and its protectioin.

Second, the Constitution is not meant to be interpreted, it is meant as a literal document and to be taken as such. The writings of the founding fathers are clear as crystal.

You my friend are an ignorant liberal. Let us look at just one quote:

Samuel Adams:
"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." During Massachusetts' U.S. Constitution ratification convention, (1788), Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, at 86-87 (Pierce & Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

How is this to be interpreted any differently than it was in 1788?

Edmund Burke:
"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion." Speech at County Meeting of Bucks, 1784

Edmund Burke:
"The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts." Letter to the Sheriffs of Bristol, April 3, 1777

Albert Gallatin:
"The whole of the Bill of Rights is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." Letter by Albert Gallatin to Alexander Addison, Oct. 7, 1789, MS. in N.Y. Hist. Soc. _A.G. Papers, 2.

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

and what do you make of the above.

And for the following how can this be taken any other way than what is written. Well, I am sure you will say something like it means the National Guard or something like that. But, again remember, the NG is a standing army of which the founding fathers were quite against. But they also recognized that one might out of necessity need to be formed even given its inherent dangers to the people of the nation.

Alexander Hamilton:
"This will not only lessen the call for military establishments, but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidible to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist." Federalist Papers, Article 29 January 10, 1788

James Madison:
"The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by [State] governments possessing their affections and confidence." Federalist Papers, Article 46 January 29, 1788

and refute the above.

RyanH,
I have a task for you

I want you to write a rebuttal refuting each and every quote listed by the founding fathers and tells us what they really meant and why.

Don't give us diatribe and regurgatation. Remember, those quotes come with references and can be quite easily verified by anyone who can read.

Game on red boy!

RyanH said:
[
You will not enjoy an unregulated right to use guns, so please learn to accept that since the time is coming where all enlightened Democrats will say "enough is enough---the N.R.A. killing machine has gone far enough."

And, I can't wait.

Ryan. [/B]

Hey asshole..someone else posted this before, but I guess you didbn't read it! Our 5th Circuit court just laid down the LAW. Here it is again incase you want t read something of fact!

BELLEVUE, WA - In a stunning decision, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans has crushed over 60 years of judicial misinterpretation and anti-gun rhetoric by finding that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects an individual right.

While the court's decision in U.S. v Emerson was to reverse and remand a lower court ruling that cleared Dr. Timothy Joe Emerson of a federal violation of the 1994 Domestic Violence Act, the 5th Circuit clearly ruled that the Second Amendment guarantees the right of an individual citizen to keep and bear private arms, "regardless of whether the particular individual is then actually a member of the militia."

*CryanH, you have no freedom. Because you don't understand freedom. That must be an awful way to live! Freedom is a hard pill to swallow sometimes, but when you finally understand it, you feel great!

My thoughts:

Everyone should be able to own a gun.

Guns don't kill people, hate does. Ryanh, the holocaust.....PEOPLE killed jews using guns of course, and other means, but the reason they killed them was their hatred and ignorance. That's like saying that since two jet airplanes crashed into the world trade towers and killed thousands that we should ban all airplanes and that theya re evil. Airplanes are not evil, weapons are not evil, hatred is evil.

I didnt' read all of ryanh's response but I can't believe he could possibly feel any different.

It doesn't take a village to raise a child either. It takes BOTH PARENTS.

RyanH said:
So you still believe in the outdated theory that individuals are not capable of being law abiding citizens.

So you think that individuals ARE capable of being law-abiding citizens, right?

Then why shouldn't they have unrestricted access to guns?

-Warik

Ryan-Homo, you are so fucking stupid. If guns were totally outlawed, you think criminails wouldnt have them? I am going to introduce you to a little word called "BLACK MARKET". Pot is illegal, plenty of people still smoke it. Crack is illegal, many people still smoke that. STEROIDS are illegal, yet many (yourself included i believe) use them. Are you getting the drift here? When guns are outlawed, the only people that wont have them are the law abiding citizens.

Top Bottom