Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why wouldn't the NFL want Limbaugh?

Well there's a couple reasons Brian......all of which you're perfectly aware of. Let's see.......

1) First and foremost, the NFL is comprised of 70% black players......the days of playing for a "Massa" like Limbaugh just doesn't appeal to them. They already don't like the league for penalizing them if they so much as raise their voices in triumph after a touchdown. This one's pretty simple.

2) To kind of go along with reason 1, he's a bigot/racist....no real debate there.

3) for the above reasons, he's bad for the NFL "brand". I'm really surprised at his reaction to this because he's made a career out of complaining about affirmative action on the basis that a business owner should have the leeway to hire/fire whoever he chooses even if it's based on a superficial reason such as skin color. So in this case, the NFL has chosen not to do business with him because it could potentially affect their ad revenue.....especially "WHEN", not if, when he opens his fat trap and makes the comments he's so known for and quite frankly get's off on. The NFL is simply afraid he may at some point affect their sponsors. Valid concern. Just like NFL teams for the most part wanted nothing to do with Vick.......bad for the image.

And no, it would not increase NASCAR's ratings if Olbermann bought a team. Nobody would care. Nascar would still lick ass.

you can hate the man for his politics, can't fault you there.
but you will get pwnt trying to track this alleged bigotry down...the slave quotes and others are BS try to find them you won't.
calling him a racist-copout

you can hate the man for his politics, can't fault you there.
but you will get pwnt trying to track this alleged bigotry down...the slave quotes and others are BS try to find them you won't.
calling him a racist-copout

But he just "feels" racist! It's in his tone... his "implied" statements. It's not what... he "says"... it's what he doesn't say!!!! You simply need to be intuitive, like me, and you'd understand this stuff.

Can't you "feel" the racism seething in his words? He obviously hates black people. Come to think of it, I believe he once said all black people should be killed. This bigot should not be allowed assets in general, let alone something as noble as an NFL team. There are incredibly high standards there to be upheld so Rush's shenanigans cannot be tolerated.

... and yes bino, this is what we've become. It's really the only viable argument for the nanny state we're implementing at an unprecedented pace.

His radio show makes for bad business.

No actually, quite the contrary.

It's 20M listeners who for the most part are middle America. I'm guessing his demographic is a little bit older, but do 18-30 year olds listen to radio commentary anyway?

And Rush can still say whatever he wants to -- he's got over 13 million listeners (most estimates are around 20) captured five days a week for three hours straight. He's already got the ultimate bully pulpit. Even moving 10% of those listeners over to the NFL would be a huge viewership gain. The NFL doesn't even get 100M viewers for the superbowl.
I'm not buying the argument that there is any significant number of people that are not watching NFL already that will start watching NFL because Rush Limbaugh is a 3% owner of the St. Louis Rams. I doubt NY Nicks viewer-ship went up when Jay-Z bought in. I certainly didn't start watching NASCAR when they brought Magic Johnson on board.

True - The NFL doesn't quite get 100m viewers for the superbowl however it's still the most-watched sporting event of all time on American television. The half-time show will draw more interest than Rush Limbaugh's involvement.

Controversy sells seats. Even if you hate Rush, it would probably be a marketing coup for the league. People who hate him would be against his team. People who love him would be for his team.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'd compare this to Al Frankin or Keith Olbermann owning a NASCAR team. I bet his team would catch hell, but there's be a lot of people ready to see someone swap paint with his car.

Because Jerry Jones does not want to share his Biggest Douche Owner award.

I'm not buying the argument that there is any significant number of people that are not watching NFL already that will start watching NFL because Rush Limbaugh is a 3% owner of the St. Louis Rams. I doubt NY Nicks viewer-ship went up when Jay-Z bought in. I certainly didn't start watching NASCAR when they brought Magic Johnson on board.

True - The NFL doesn't quite get 100m viewers for the superbowl however it's still the most-watched sporting event of all time on American television. The half-time show will draw more interest than Rush Limbaugh's involvement.

*Knicks

Top Bottom