Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why can't the repubs have any normal candidates anymore

So yeah...the political system forces me to vote for a giant douche or a turd sandwich and therefore I choose the third option and vote Libertarian.

So your vote is no more effective than a non-vote.

Would you change the voting system?

Proportional representation? Preferential voting? Run-off elections?

Do you think the US could still form a functional government under any of those systems?

b0und (???)

So your vote is no more effective than a non-vote.

Would you change the voting system?

Proportional representation? Preferential voting? Run-off elections?

Do you think the US could still form a functional government under any of those systems?

b0und (???)

I would argue that voting for a Repub or Dem candidate is essentially a non vote because they are so close in ideology on the role of the federal government and international policy.

Do you think president Al Gore wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan after 9/11 had he defeated Bush? Gore was also a hawk on Iraq and believed they had a solid wmd program in the works as were many prominent Dems of the period that since have since pretended they didn't have their opinions before the Bush admin....it's quite conceivable he would have invaded Iraq like Bush.

Now we have President Obama that put the Bush foreign policy on steroids, at least Bush got a vote from congress before he started a war where there was no United States interests at stake. Likewise, Bush created the largest entitlement program since the Johnson administration with his prescription drug program and Barry just upped him with his Obamacare program.

There used to be difference between the political parties but we would need a parliamentary system to end this ridiculous cycle of Repub and Dem..they're basically two wings of the same political party.

Top Bottom