Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Arod should get the MVP over Ortiz

KillahBee

First, I shall preempt this case with a few notes:
- if only one of the two make the playoffs, that person will win
- if both make it, but one of them leaves a lasting impression on the media (i.e. Ortiz hits a game winning bomb in the 9th on Sunday to win the series), that person will win

WHy Arod should win:
- yes, the fielding thing. you would have to be a complete retard to ignore this part of the game. a complete fucking retard. Arod has had (at most) 2 errors in the last 3 months. maybe none, I am not sure. and he has won games with plays, but that doesn't show up on your pretty little stat sheet, now does it - virgins.
- try and wrap your simpleton minds around this one - everyone keeps talkign about ortiz's clutch hits. think about this - a run in the first inning is NO DIFFERENT than a run in the 9th. both equal one run on the scoreboard. yesterday's NYY game was a perfect example. Arod hit a bomb in the early-mid innings to tie it up and they went on to win. the ONLY difference between that hit and the same hit in the bottom of the 9th, is drama. and drama shouldn't win MVP's. Arod beats Ortiz in 9 out of 10 hitting statistical categories.
- oh yeah, he plays the field too.

I know most of you will not be mature or even intelligent enough to look at this in a non-emotional manner and realize the common sense that is lacked in the general sports world. but I am right, and you are wrong.

KillahBee said:
First, I shall preempt this case with a few notes:
- if only one of the two make the playoffs, that person will win
- if both make it, but one of them leaves a lasting impression on the media (i.e. Ortiz hits a game winning bomb in the 9th on Sunday to win the series), that person will win

WHy Arod should win:
- yes, the fielding thing. you would have to be a complete retard to ignore this part of the game. a complete fucking retard. Arod has had (at most) 2 errors in the last 3 months. maybe none, I am not sure. and he has won games with plays, but that doesn't show up on your pretty little stat sheet, now does it - virgins.
- try and wrap your simpleton minds around this one - everyone keeps talkign about ortiz's clutch hits. think about this - a run in the first inning is NO DIFFERENT than a run in the 9th. both equal one run on the scoreboard. yesterday's NYY game was a perfect example. Arod hit a bomb in the early-mid innings to tie it up and they went on to win. the ONLY difference between that hit and the same hit in the bottom of the 9th, is drama. and drama shouldn't win MVP's. Arod beats Ortiz in 9 out of 10 hitting statistical categories.
- oh yeah, he plays the field too.

I know most of you will not be mature or even intelligent enough to look at this in a non-emotional manner and realize the common sense that is lacked in the general sports world. but I am right, and you are wrong.

wow i dont even want to respond to this.. :(

lol, killahbee, you are a much bigger sports guy than me, but did you play baseball when you were a kid? do you remember the difference between hitting a double in the first inning and getting a hit in the bottom of the ninth with the game on the line? the nerves? the jitters? the people who choked? wow! that's what an MVP is! that's what michael jordan was..... man.... you know this!

you don't remember who you wanted up at the plate in those situations? that's VALUABLE. I can't believe you said that!

simpleton mind?????????

Consigliere! oh well

I think ARod should win too, since we shipped him to you and you took over that ridiculous contract.

Lets see. Ortiz hit the game tying home run tonite in the 8th and then the game winning single in the 9th. Not bad.lol

But it will all come down to this weekends series either way. Arod choked in the ALCS last year, so hes definately got somthing to prove.

And Arod isnt even the MVP of the Yankees. Mariano Rivera is the Yankees MVP .

bran987 said:
lol, killahbee, you are a much bigger sports guy than me, but did you play baseball when you were a kid? do you remember the difference between hitting a double in the first inning and getting a hit in the bottom of the ninth with the game on the line? the nerves? the jitters? the people who choked? wow! that's what an MVP is! that's what michael jordan was..... man.... you know this!

you don't remember who you wanted up at the plate in those situations? that's VALUABLE. I can't believe you said that!

simpleton mind?????????

you see, this is the issue. you are getting all caught up in some fairytale drama bullshit. a run is a run. 1 = 1. you can't argue that. of course it's nice to have someone that is clutch on your team, but that should not trump everything Arod has over him - better numbers and the fielding.

arod 190/594(h/ab) 121(r) 47(hr) 129(rbi) 20(sb) .320(ba)
ortiz 177/593(h/ab) 117(r) 47(hr) 146(rbi) 1(sb) .298(ba)

as you can see the only stat ortiz is ahead of a rod in is rbis by a fairly large margin
now in the stat that really matters
arod is ranked #1 overall this year in fantasy baseball stats while ortiz is ranked 4th

on a side note there isnt much of a difference between ortiz's #s and the #s of manny or teixeira

hamstershaver said:
arod 190/594(h/ab) 121(r) 47(hr) 129(rbi) 20(sb) .320(ba)
ortiz 177/593(h/ab) 117(r) 47(hr) 146(rbi) 1(sb) .298(ba)

as you can see the only stat ortiz is ahead of a rod in is rbis by a fairly large margin
now in the stat that really matters
arod is ranked #1 overall this year in fantasy baseball stats while ortiz is ranked 4th

on a side note there isnt much of a difference between ortiz's #s and the #s of manny or teixeira

the other difference between the two, and it is not a HUGE one but still deserves to be noted - Ortiz is hitting in front of Manny, possibly the best hitter in the big leagues.

Top Bottom