Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Was The Best Video Game Ever?

command and conquer plus the sequels

damn cool

oldest first
Neo-Geo - the one with the fighter who could change into a wolf or a samurai. I spent so much damn money...
Dune.. Death Hand missiles. Inaccurate, but once launched at you all you could do is scatter and pray
WarCraft.. first time I heard multiple quotes for each character
Command and Conquer! Commando - I got a present for ya!! BOOM!!! Ha ha ha.. that was my left hand. Hours of fun
StarCraft.. I play Terrans for sentimental value, but as Zerg I could kick anyone's ass

C&C is still one of my favourites

Another World - innovative fantasy, it was really cool. And it fit on a single diskette which was more amazing
Alone in the Dark - that first monster upstairs scared the crap out of me. Well all the monsters scared the crap out of me.

The 10 greatest games of all time. You might argue, but you're wrong.

In timeline order.

Pong (75)
The one, the original

Space Invaders (78)
Such Action! Such Drama!

Pac-Man (80)
The most popular video-game of all time.

Bard's Tale (85)
First person, cool graphics, and a huge world. C64 Heaven

Empire (87)
- First great turn based PC game. Take turns playing at work. Finally get to play against someone else! Several someones.

Ultima Underworld (92)
Before Quake, Doom, or even Wolfenstein - UU did it first First immersive 3D environment. I didn't sleep for 2 days

Doom (93)
Pure, unadulterated adrenalin. Fantastic graphics. Lighting effects. Vertical Axis 3D. Innovative Stereo Sounds. The first Mouse+Keyboard. Deathmatch. Smooth. Fast. 'Nuff said.

Warcraft II (95)
The greatest Realtime Stratey Game - Incredible - Zug-Zug!

Quake (96)
Rocked the world! What head-to-head could be. Was to gaming what Star Wars was to special effects movies.

Half-Life (98)
Quake Perfected. If not for the lame ending might be the number one. Half-life mod Counter-Strike is greatest online game.

Honorable Mention:
Freecell. Has any other game killed so much office-time?

In order of greatness:

1) Doom
2) Half-life
3) Ultima-Underworld
4) Bard's Tale
5) Pac-Man
6) Quake
7) Warcraft II
8) Pong
9) Space Invaders
10)Empire

The Nature Boy said:
LOL @ space invaders.

Bards tale was pretty damn awesome.

Starcraft was a glaring omission however.

I agree with ya, NB. that list looks very similar to a list I saw in CGM a while back tho.

I don't know about CGM but these are all games I've played to distraction.

Starcraft, Civilization, are games I've been argued with should be on the list but the sad truth is I've never really played them that much.

Tomb Raider, Joust, Asheron's Call, Adventure, Zork, Sim City, Defender, Duke Nuke'm, Descent - wasted hundreds and hundreds of hours - lot of fun, but just not quite up there at the top.

Top Bottom