Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Turn your Xbox 360 into a PC!

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
The Bigger, Quieter Xbox360; Not from Microsoft
8:00 PM - February 18, 2009 by Tuan Nguyen
Source: Tom's Hardware US – Category : Cases
33 comments

Is your Xbox 360 noisy? Perhaps you don't own an Xbox 360 because you've heard that they're noisy (maybe). This week a company called Quiet PC launched a line of Xbox 360 consoles that aren't Xbox 360 consoles at all.

What Quiet PC has done is taken out all the innards of an Xbox 360, and implanted them into a custom made Lian-Li XB-01B case, made specifically to hold the Xbox 360 motherboard as well as everything else. Everything moves over. All the ports and connectors on a real Xbox 360 enclosure is on the Lian-Li XB-01B.

The biggest benefit of the Ultra-Quiet Xbox 360s are the fact that they come with two huge fans: a 120mm and a 100mm low RPM fan. To enclose everything however, the new case is quite large--in fact, the Ultra-Quiet Xbox 360 is double the size of a normal Xbox 360. Quiet PC states that the size allows components to be spread out and free up space for low-RPM but high-CFM active cooling.

Quiet PC is currently shipping pre-built Xbox 360s as well as bare enclosures for those who want to do the transplant themselves. Quiet PC sells both the Arcade, Premium and Elite versions of the Xbox 360 in the new modification, and units come with a 360-day warranty--since gutting the original Xbox 360 voids Microsoft's warranty. Curiously, the new warranty is five days short of a full year.

Pricing starts at $435 USD for the basic Ultra-Quiet Xbox 360 Arcade.

The Bigger, Quieter Xbox360; Not from Microsoft - Tom's Hardware

My xbox sounds like it's literally about to take off. The fans are so loud. It seriously drowns out my TV. I can hear it when it's on, when the room has the door shut and I'm in an entirely different level of the house.

I'm thinking about suing MS for hearing damage caused by the noise of my 360.

My only question is since this voids the warranty, does this also make the 360 incapable of online play? People that Mod their xbox's usually end up getting them banded from live fairly quickly? any ideas?

My xbox sounds like it's literally about to take off. The fans are so loud. It seriously drowns out my TV. I can hear it when it's on, when the room has the door shut and I'm in an entirely different level of the house.

I'm thinking about suing MS for hearing damage caused by the noise of my 360.

My only question is since this voids the warranty, does this also make the 360 incapable of online play? People that Mod their xbox's usually end up getting them banded from live fairly quickly? any ideas?

Those mods are software-specific though, ie used to steal software. This is just a hardware mod, basically a case swap. All the 360's original hardware is just transferred over.

or just get the new "jasper" 360's that are built on smaller dies and won't overheat. :whatever:

Plus the new full game install feature of NXE eliminates the need for the noisy disc drive to kick in.

so if I just bought a 360 elite 2 weeks ago I'm good on the hardware issues right?

This is my 2nd xbox. I don't want no shit fucking up. $460 for the box and 2 year warranty, ouch.

Top Bottom