Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The sports corner

bran987 said:
mavs lose game 1.

worst game I've seen us play in 30 games.

perhaps we will choke in the playoffs again, and this time to a lesser team.

dirk lost this game for us, his poorest effort since perhaps his 3rd year in the league.

jason terry is our new nick van exel.

without dirk being the all star that he is, tracy mcgrady will destroy us.

the team who wins game 1 wins the 1st round 83% of the time.

our only saving grace is that usually the best team wins the 1st game, and today that didn't happen. plus dallas is an excellent road team.

home court has been stolen, but to me the series isn't over.

Do you honestly expect the Mavs to do any damage in the playoffs? or just win a series?

KillahBee said:
Do you honestly expect the Mavs to do any damage in the playoffs? or just win a series?
we always win *A* series. have for the past few years. and that was just with jump shots.

we have never been a defensive team before. now we are. WITH scorers.

we've won 20 out of 24 games before tonight. we finished 1 game behind the spurs.

this team is different. this is not the run & gun jump shot, no big man in the middle shove the rock down our throats mavs of the past 4 years.

dampier can plug up the middle, and we have one of the largest "points for" to "points against" spreads in the league this year as a result of the defense.

devin harris picked up for the loss of steve nash. nick van exel left, and jason terry has become a clone. keith van horn & jerry stackhouse let dirk sit on the bench. michael finley is michael finley, a veteran all star.

avery johnson has been our new head coach (90 playoff games as a player in his career) for the past 18 games, we were 16-2 and only gave up 92 ppg in that span. compare that to the rest of the league and tell me we don't play defense now.

josh howard can defend anyone in the league in only his 2nd year.

different coach, different mindset, different players. first time in 5 years the mavericks have truly changed.

tonight tracy mcgrady was a fucking machine, but if dirk had even been subpar (he was an uncharacteristic 5 of 19), we would've trounced the Rockets.

If we make it past this round and this loss which was a terrible and important loss (game 1) we CAN ABSOLUTELY do damage until at least the western conference finals. no question.

I don't know how to explain it. When you watch a team every night for 7 years, you can just see when fundamental changes happen before the rest of the league realizes it. Even before national commentators and analysts who have to try to cover 30 teams. Kind of like working at a company and having insider information before an earnings report and the stock takes off.

Last edited:
so the mavs are no longer around... I can't believe the suns were getting their ass whipped so bad... different team with the broken face guy back...

too bad it may be too late...

Becoming said:
so the mavs are no longer around... I can't believe the suns were getting their ass whipped so bad... different team with the broken face guy back...

too bad it may be too late...

shit. game over for the suns.

Dodgers actually won tonight. It's been so frustrating seeing them struggle like this after their hot start. Everyone knew they were not as good as they were playing at the beginning of the season but they are also not as bad as they are playing right now.

sports sucks from now till the first kickoff.

i hate this time of year.

bran987 said:
we always win *A* series. have for the past few years. and that was just with jump shots.

we have never been a defensive team before. now we are. WITH scorers.

we've won 20 out of 24 games before tonight. we finished 1 game behind the spurs.

this team is different. this is not the run & gun jump shot, no big man in the middle shove the rock down our throats mavs of the past 4 years.

dampier can plug up the middle, and we have one of the largest "points for" to "points against" spreads in the league this year as a result of the defense.

devin harris picked up for the loss of steve nash. nick van exel left, and jason terry has become a clone. keith van horn & jerry stackhouse let dirk sit on the bench. michael finley is michael finley, a veteran all star.

avery johnson has been our new head coach (90 playoff games as a player in his career) for the past 18 games, we were 16-2 and only gave up 92 ppg in that span. compare that to the rest of the league and tell me we don't play defense now.

josh howard can defend anyone in the league in only his 2nd year.

different coach, different mindset, different players. first time in 5 years the mavericks have truly changed.

tonight tracy mcgrady was a fucking machine, but if dirk had even been subpar (he was an uncharacteristic 5 of 19), we would've trounced the Rockets.

If we make it past this round and this loss which was a terrible and important loss (game 1) we CAN ABSOLUTELY do damage until at least the western conference finals. no question.

I don't know how to explain it. When you watch a team every night for 7 years, you can just see when fundamental changes happen before the rest of the league realizes it. Even before national commentators and analysts who have to try to cover 30 teams. Kind of like working at a company and having insider information before an earnings report and the stock takes off.

lol, sorry bud. I think dampier was pretty off

Top Bottom