Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The father who beat a man to death during sons hockey game- RyanH, others

Re: can you imagine....

Immortal Juicer said:
either one of the men's children that have to testify. how awful would it be to have to testify about a man beating your father to death right in front of you. the kids were only 12. when you are 12 your dad is your hero. you think he is invincible.

the kids are the victims of that trial.

Your right bro, I can't even begin to imagine how hard that would be at any age but especially at a young age like that. This is a very sad story and I don't know enough details to give my thoughts on it but I'm sure those kids (especially the dead guys son) are the real victims.

The Canadian Oak said:
these fucking parents take this shit to far,they take the game more serious then the kids do,i know first hand since i played net since i was 4 until the age of 13 when i realized it was all bullshit and politics

fry the bastard

The dude saw his kids getting knocked around. Contin (the dude who died) was mouthy and confrontational, according to testimony. Things like this can escalate. How many of you have totally flown off the handle about something, only to look back on it later and think, "Geez, I was getting worked up over some really silly stuff." How many of you have gotten "road rage"?

So this guy saw his kids getting banged up, Contin not only did nothing about it, but made some inflammatory remarks. Maybe he should have taken into account the size difference before he jumped on Junta.

So Junta punches the guy a few times.

I consider myself a fairly intelegent person..

I'm damn sure gonna make every effort to walk away from a physical confrontation with a dude that has 100 pounds and several inches on me.

The only instance where I would go for it would be if my family or someone else was being physically assulted or threatened by the big dude...

I guarantee he wasn't trying to kill Contin. How many threads have there been on here where someone got in a justifiable fistfight and they were congratulated by many? Well, this guy's kids had been getting roughed up, and then he got in a physical confrontation with this guy, which by many accounts was initiated by Contin. How many of you would have walked away? How many would have put the guy down, then told us about it here on Elite the next day? But in this case, the guy ended up dying. It can happen in fist fights, and doesn't always require a prolonged beating. I guarantee Juntan didn't intend to kill Contin. He was taking his kids to play hockey, for Christ's sake. I'm not trying to say he should not be held responsible for his actions, but I don't think he should be executed or serve an extended sentence.

Warik said:
I will now present you with Warik's Universal Law of Murder.

Read carefully, now, this may blow some of your minds - especially those of who you may have voted for Mr. Gore a year ago.

Here goes...

Warik's Universal Law of Murder
Any human being who unjustifiably kills another human being should be put to death at the executioner's earliest convenience.

-Warik

Who's to decide what's justifiable and what's not? Sounds like "Warik's Subjective Law of Murder"

pauly said:
What if you walked in on a man who was raping your mother, or hurting your child? Is it then justifiable?

All rapists should die.

Cheaper if the victims do it than the state.

-Warik

casavant said:
Who's to decide what's justifiable and what's not? Sounds like "Warik's Subjective Law of Murder"

This is a trap question because no matter what I say, even if I say, "the only justification is if a big mean man is in your face with a gun about to shoot you," you'll disagree. If you had any intention on believing or accepting anything I said, you would not ask this silly question because possible acceptable justifications for killing (note: killing, not murder) are obvious.

-Warik

Warik said:

This is a trap question because no matter what I say, even if I say, "the only justification is if a big mean man is in your face with a gun about to shoot you," you'll disagree. If you had any intention on believing or accepting anything I said, you would not ask this silly question because possible acceptable justifications for killing (note: killing, not murder) are obvious.

-Warik

Well, I think there are cases in which someone is killed that do not warrant execution. We disagree on this matter. Recognize that your views are no more objective than anyone else's.

BigPhysicsBastard said:

whoa there Esse, I'll agree that Mr. Junta went too far....it's obvious that he pummeled the guy long after the fight was over, THAT, and ONLY THAT is where he stepped over the line. And for that he will spend some jail time. But my sympathy for the man who died doesn't run too deep, he wasn't looped to tight either it seems. I don't think life in prison is appropriate, not in this case. 5-10 is ok, but not life. But you're right on one thing, it's the kids that are the biggest losers here.

Zakley Dat, Holmes

i didnt knwo the other guy started it,but now that i do i still think that guy needs jail time,and i still stand behind my comment of parents wanting there kids to do better then the kids do

Top Bottom