Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The father who beat a man to death during sons hockey game- RyanH, others

you can watch the trial on CNN...from what I have seen so far I think he is probably going to be convicted. From some of the testimony of witnesses it seems as if he was looking for a fight. He is also significantly larger than the man he killed (he is 6'2" 275 lbs, the other guy was 5'10" 170lbs) I think that will definitely influence the jury unless they can come up with a really strong defense that the smaller guy was the agressor.

I will now present you with Warik's Universal Law of Murder.

Read carefully, now, this may blow some of your minds - especially those of who you may have voted for Mr. Gore a year ago.

Here goes...

Warik's Universal Law of Murder
Any human being who unjustifiably kills another human being should be put to death at the executioner's earliest convenience.

-Warik

mrbill said:
you can watch the trial on CNN...I think that will definitely influence the jury unless they can come up with a really strong defense that the smaller guy was the agressor.

In our society, if you are attacked you are expected to run away and do everything to avoid confrontation. If that cannot happen then you may defend yourself but never with the use of deadly force unless your life was at stake. The manslaugter law doesn't care if it was one punch or 50. That is a detail the judge will consider during sentencing. I am not seeing that this guy tried to avoid any of the conflict and actually did his part to escalate it-name calling, talking shit, etc..

Last edited:
We watched some of the testimony in school from the defendant. His legs got fucked up by the skates of the guy he killed. He also had some other gashes on him as well. I don't know all the details though.

supersizeme said:
It's first degree murder just like any other homicide...I hate this "oh i acted in the moment" bullshit justification. You killed a man, you pay the price. Life in prison should be the most lenient sentence he gets. He cost some poor child his father, and justly so he should know that he caused his own son the same.

what he said

supersizeme said:
It's first degree murder just like any other homicide...I hate this "oh i acted in the moment" bullshit justification. You killed a man, you pay the price. Life in prison should be the most lenient sentence he gets. He cost some poor child his father, and justly so he should know that he caused his own son the same.

whoa there Esse, I'll agree that Mr. Junta went too far....it's obvious that he pummeled the guy long after the fight was over, THAT, and ONLY THAT is where he stepped over the line. And for that he will spend some jail time. But my sympathy for the man who died doesn't run too deep, he wasn't looped to tight either it seems. I don't think life in prison is appropriate, not in this case. 5-10 is ok, but not life. But you're right on one thing, it's the kids that are the biggest losers here.

these fucking parents take this shit to far,they take the game more serious then the kids do,i know first hand since i played net since i was 4 until the age of 13 when i realized it was all bullshit and politics

fry the bastard

The Canadian Oak said:
these fucking parents take this shit to far,they take the game more serious then the kids do,i know first hand since i played net since i was 4 until the age of 13 when i realized it was all bullshit and politics

fry the bastard

I agree with you here. I always felt sorry for my brother, who was statistically the best pitcher on his little league team, but got less and less time on the mound due to parents with influence.

My brother is a team player though...has a great personality, due to my parents and their restraint. Many a day my dad would have justifiably kicked some coaches or parents royal ass up and down the field, but he didn't.

Top Bottom