Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Chargers fired Marty...

Marty didn't choke the chargers did. Marty wasn't the guy on the field getting personal foul penalties. He wasn't the guy dropping wide open passes. He took his team to the playoff's and they choked their own chicken. He's not the best coach but he's definately proven he can compete

The_Clockwork said:
Marty didn't choke the chargers did. Marty wasn't the guy on the field getting personal foul penalties. He wasn't the guy dropping wide open passes. He took his team to the playoff's and they choked their own chicken. He's not the best coach but he's definately proven he can compete
Hes proven he cant compete in the postseason
5-13 postseason record. 6 straight first round exits with home field or something.

superdave said:
Hes proven he cant compete in the postseason
5-13 postseason record. 6 straight first round exits with home field or something.

that's 18 game POSTseason. Look at the rest of the coachs.. Most of them haven't played 18 postseason games. Would you rather be in the playoffs and lose or never have been there?

The_Clockwork said:
that's 18 game POSTseason. Look at the rest of the coachs.. Most of them haven't played 18 postseason games. Would you rather be in the playoffs and lose or never have been there?
Doesnt matter. In todays NFL if you make it to the playoffs that many times then you should be competent to win more. Expecially with the teams marty has fielded. Its not like he is scraping into the playoffs with 9-7 teams everytime he gets there.

superdave said:
Doesnt matter. In todays NFL if you make it to the playoffs that many times then you should be competent to win more. Expecially with the teams marty has fielded. Its not like he is scraping into the playoffs with 9-7 teams everytime he gets there.

yes I agree but you have to look at it as it IS the NFL. These guys have played football their whole lives. Coaches in the NFL don't have as much affect on their team as, say, NCAA coaches. The players are as much to blame for their poor post seasons as are ALL the coaches. The NFL is tough and you have to produce to succeed

The_Clockwork said:
yes I agree but you have to look at it as it IS the NFL. These guys have played football their whole lives. Coaches in the NFL don't have as much affect on their team as, say, NCAA coaches. The players are as much to blame for their poor post seasons as are ALL the coaches. The NFL is tough and you have to produce to succeed

The problem Marty has was with the GM. Chargers lost 4 assistants and the gm saw his opportunity.
You can't blame Marty for 4 turnovers and poor play on the field.
Funny how they don't get rid of players so easily though.
The whole thing will coast the Chargers next year I would bet.

The_Clockwork said:
Then the players should be getting fired. But they arent.

mountain muscle said:
The problem Marty has was with the GM. Chargers lost 4 assistants and the gm saw his opportunity.
You can't blame Marty for 4 turnovers and poor play on the field.
Funny how they don't get rid of players so easily though.
The whole thing will coast the Chargers next year I would bet.

I liked marty. I've liked him clear back when he was with the chief's. Getting a new staff preseason is asking for disaster for next season. Takes awhile to mesh as a team, can't really be done in a couple months, but I guess we will see. LT did claim this year he wanted Marty, LT is worth a lot of money and I'm sure a lot of teams out there are willing to put it up for him

The_Clockwork said:

He would be a god in detroit.

Top Bottom