Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The boxing PPV tonight

JumpBallWinner said:
It's important to note that this has alot to do with the current quality pool of heavyweight fighters more so than it does the potential of the sport itself.

I don't think that anyone gets bored watching an old Tyson highlight reel.

And when an MMA fighter like Chuck Liddell comes around and is known as a knockout artist who never gets taken down, we line up to watch.

I'd tell Rickson Gracie that MMA isn't fighting either, since you can't bite and gouge eyes in it. I mean, you get me in an armbar on the street, I'm going to try to bite through your achillies tendon in an effort to get out of it. You choke me from behind, and I'm going to do my best to reach back with my thumb and try to pry your eyeball out until you let me go.

But I'm sure Rickson Gracie isn't against all rules, just as long as they are rules that work around the style that he's talented at and wants to crown "real fighting".
We've already concluded they're sports but some are closer to "real" fights than others....

Boxers are skillful pugilists but not as good at overall fighting.

javaguru said:
We've already concluded they're sports but some are closer to "real" fights than others....

Closer isn't gonna cut it. Add a weapon in the mix and everything changes. It's not like it use to be. Seem like if you beat someone's ass they are quick to come back and shoot you. You never know who you are fighting and what they are able to do.

AztecWarrior said:
Closer isn't gonna cut it. Add a weapon in the mix and everything changes. It's not like it use to be. Seem like if you beat someone's ass they are quick to come back and shoot you. You never know who you are fighting and what they are able to do.
I can speak from my darker years, I used my skillz to take down guys with my wrestling skills and beat them into submission with elbows and knees. I broke my heavy bag with my forearms at 17, I was practicing my forearms for football. I dropped Joey Galloway in a game. Heavy duty screws weren't enough for free form striking, I needed someone to "absorb" and respond with the bag.

hawaiianflash said:
I think he was afraid of Margarito's looping overhand right counter and wanted to keep his hands up. He was also afraid of the uppercut -- the punch that finally did him in. It's got to be demoralizing to hit a guy with all you got for six rounds and it does absolutely nothing to faze him.

Seriously, though, I'm afraid for Margarito's long term mental health. My fiance, who is a doctor, was concerned about the beating that he took in this fight. She loved the fight, though... :evil:

Margarito get's hit a lot. Look up his fight with Clottey he was getting tagged for awhile before he broke his hand. Clottey was on his way to winning that fight. Both threw so many power punches it was crazy.

javaguru said:
I can speak from my darker years, I used my skillz to take down guys with my wrestling skills and beat them into submission with elbows and knees. I broke my heavy bag with my forearms at 17, I was practicing my forearms for football. I dropped Joey Galloway in a game. Heavy duty screws weren't enough for free form striking, I needed someone to "absorb" and respond with the bag.

How fast was Galloway up close in person?

AztecWarrior said:
He broke him competely. Margarito has a chin like no other. Those are the ones that are scary and get into your head. So big for a WW lb. class. The man is alpha male x 100.
All mexicans have a good chin that's why when I fight them I punch them in the throat!

hawaiianflash said:
I think he was afraid of Margarito's looping overhand right counter and wanted to keep his hands up. He was also afraid of the uppercut -- the punch that finally did him in. It's got to be demoralizing to hit a guy with all you got for six rounds and it does absolutely nothing to faze him.

Seriously, though, I'm afraid for Margarito's long term mental health. My fiance, who is a doctor, was concerned about the beating that he took in this fight. She loved the fight, though... :evil:

Margarito is still young. He has taken a lot of punishment over the years though. Hopefully he will get some big $$$ fights, retire and enjoy his success and his health.

The only thing that pisses me off is Cotto lost and I think he was the only one Gayweather would come out of retirement to fight. I am not a Gayweather fan and I really wanted to see him fight Cotto/Williams/or Margarito and I think if Cotto won Gayweather may have come back to fight him.

Army Vet said:
Margarito is still young. He has taken a lot of punishment over the years though. Hopefully he will get some big $$$ fights, retire and enjoy his success and his health.

The only thing that pisses me off is Cotto lost and I think he was the only one Gayweather would come out of retirement to fight. I am not a Gayweather fan and I really wanted to see him fight Cotto/Williams/or Margarito and I think if Cotto won Gayweather may have come back to fight him.

We all know gayweather won't come back to fight the tornado. To scared. Have to give cotto credit. He fought Margarito when all the big tittle holders in the WW division wanted no part of him. Cotto fights the best boxers out there. Win or lose he's a true warrior. The tj tornado just has the style, endurance, the chin, and power to beat a man like Cotto. Margarito in boxing years is considered old. Took many shots to the head for yrs. He turned pro at 15. Just a young man fighting grown men. Wondering when is all this gonna catch up to him. He'll turn old right in front of us watch. Hope he's alright later in life.

Top Bottom